• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Dom954

First Name
Dominique
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
First thoughts 250 miles in: For starters I did not intend on getting this car this week or perhaps at all. Car YouTube seemed all over the place on this vehicle for all of the reasons you already know. I traded a 2020 Genesis G70 3.3T AWD in on this Integra and I just say this car was a pleasant surprise. I'm originally from South Florida so I grew up when the 90s Integras. They were a very popular option and I air on the side of originally it was a solid car but there were more GS's then Type Rs and even true GSRs weren't the ones most people had but I digress.

This 2023 model is brilliant. No torque steer and it just keeps in the corners. It's great and well mannered in Houston traffic and the rev match feature makes driving great in any condition. I had no intentions of owning another black car but this thing looks great in every color except launch yellow lol. Call me crazy but this makes enough power if I had to presume and looking at Civic So dynos it's definitely probably in the 215-230 range. This is perfect for a "base" model. The power is great and I can easily pass whoever I want and if I need to downshift to do it even better lol(though you don't have to at highway speeds). I imagine the eventual type S will be designated a spot below the Type R.

I went into this car ready to be dissatisfied but after I drove it I bought it even though I came out of a car with almost twice the power and torque(but an extra half ton in weight). Nostalgia aside this is a very good car.

20220611_203359.jpg

TheRas900

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Macan S, '16 ES350 and hopefully a '23 Integra
Big fan of the G70. Can you say a couple things you prefer in each car?

OP
OP
Dom954

Dom954

First Name
Dominique
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
Big fan of the G70. Can you say a couple things you prefer in each car?
Sure! Granted they are hard to compare because they are so different.
G70:
- Is an absolute beast power wise. 120 feels like 60 and it pulls like a freight train. The AWD Limited slip was great too. Biggest downside was rather you're driving a $55,000 Genesis or a $14,000 Kia Rio the dealer will treat you the same. I had a should have been simple to fix issue and they kept fighting me over it. So I wouldn't want to own it out of warranty which I would have on a year or so.

Integra: Is fun to drive without the high speeds. The shifting experience is bliss as well. The back seat is wayyyy bigger than the G70. I could barely sit behind myself in the G70 and I'm 5'8. Also the efficiency as the G70 only got 23mpg on a good day and I drove rather conservative. I can go on but this is getting long lol

MLowe05

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 G70 Sport 6MT
We are trading our 2019 G70 6MT in on a 2023 Integra 6MT. I thought we'd be the only ones.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Wow. Funny I was considering the Integra, the G70, and Kia stinger. Was really set on the stinger but couldn't justify the cost for a KIA. Also read how bad service was for KIAs. From the car I'm coming from this thing is fast. Also find it smooth and easy to exceed the speed limit without trying. I can only imagine a vehicle with an additional 100 + HP.

OP
OP
Dom954

Dom954

First Name
Dominique
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
We are trading our 2019 G70 6MT in on a 2023 Integra 6MT. I thought we'd be the only ones.
Badass car but man oh man those dealers make me question keeping it out of warranty or even in it. I hear they are better in Canada though.

OP
OP
Dom954

Dom954

First Name
Dominique
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
Wow. Funny I was considering the Integra, the G70, and Kia stinger. Was really set on the stinger but couldn't justify the cost for a KIA. Also read how bad service was for KIAs. From the car I'm coming from this thing is fast. Also find it smooth and easy to exceed the speed limit without trying. I can only imagine a vehicle with an additional 100 + HP.
I did 100 everyday in the G70 and the car would yawn and say that's it lol but man you gotta try to keep it at 20mpg spirited driving will drop you to the teens it was as bad as my truck on gas and took 93 lol

MLowe05

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 G70 Sport 6MT
The 6MT in the G70 is nothing special. The clutch is super weird and nearly impossible to drive smoothly. Also, even with the I4, the G70's efficiency is poor. We average 26mpg if we take it easy.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
The 6MT in the G70 is nothing special. The clutch is super weird and nearly impossible to drive smoothly. Also, even with the I4, the G70's efficiency is poor. We average 26mpg if we take it easy.
Lol.. my estimated fuel economy right now for the first 200 miles is showing 26.7mpg

MLowe05

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 G70 Sport 6MT
Lol.. my estimated fuel economy right now for the first 200 miles is showing 26.7mpg
I should have said 26 on the highway, if we take it easy. Around town, more like 18.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I should have said 26 on the highway, if we take it easy. Around town, more like 18.
Oh. Got it. Yeah I'm about 50/50 mix driving getting the 26.7

OP
OP
Dom954

Dom954

First Name
Dominique
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
I'm getting 31ish mixed but I'm taking it "easy" until I get to 1,000.

IntegraAgain

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5th Gen 2023 Integra A-Spec 6MT - PWP
Really good info, thanks! I am still under 25 miles on the odometer, and I'm not hearing anyone with any issues or whatever, but I do have a question about a "break in" period. This is my first ever new car, and I have not really heard or read anything about the 2023 Integra needing special treatment for the first 1,500 miles or anything. I've even seen a few vids where Acura techs are putting the car on a dyno and redlining it with as few miles on the car as mine has.

Any thoughts here on break in, or stuff I need to be aware of?

Reactions: kvr

JohnV

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'13 Ford C-Max Energi '19 Acura RDX
Any thoughts here on break in
I've heard talk and found it in the owners manual. Avoid WOT for the first 1000k, 600 miles.

During the first 600 miles (1,000 km) of operation,
avoid sudden acceleration or full throttle operation so
as not to damage the engine or powertrain.

Page 438

That's what I'm doing. But I honestly don't think it is a big deal, or you're likely to cause damage bouncing off the limiter at full throttle once or twice.

But I do know this, that it's important to warm up the car before pushing turbo boost. Engine oil is used to lubricate the turbo bearings, and unlike the engine spinning between 4-6000 rpms, the turbo is closer to 100,000 rpms. I've replaced a turbo before, and it is not cheap or easy. It's equally important to allow the turbo to cool down before shutting down.

Last edited: