shipdawg

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2004 WRX STi, & 2019 Honda HRV EX
Country flag
Has anyone had any issues with their engines getting too hot and throwing error codes until it cools down? Mainly either trying to track of doing some "spirited" high rpm mountain/canyon driving? If so what have you done to help keep your engine cooler?
Sponsored

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Has anyone had any issues with their engines getting too hot and throwing error codes until it cools down? Mainly either trying to track of doing some "spirited" high rpm mountain/canyon driving? If so what have you done to help keep your engine cooler?
For me the answer is no. I have driven in all kinds of conditions including long high-speed trips in temps up to 115 degrees F thru steep terrain. My car is one year old and had over 16k. I recently installed a performance Intercooler that keeps the charged air much cooler than the stock did

LanceSI-10thgen

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI Sedan 2018 (Aegean Blue)
Country flag
Nothing serious like that. But yesterday I got a TIRE PRESSURE LOW message appear on my dash. I quickly pulled over and visually checked all my tires and they "looked" okay. Got home and took my tire pressure gauge, checked each tire and they were all fine. So, I calibrated my TPMS sensor. I used the car this morning and the message wasn't appearing anymore. Just a bit annoying.

JDMpo0kie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I have an INJEN Intercooler with CNT Racing Chargepipes. Before I got those, my temp gauge would shoot up after a couple runs. Now they don’t budge. I would highly recommend the INJEN Intercooler and Injen chargepipes.

JDMpo0kie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I would also recommend the Flex Fuel kit as the E85 has a cooling effect on the engine.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
I've run this car spiritedly and don't get the issues you're describing. I'm running 21.5 PSI on mountain roads, and I'm lucky if ECTs creep past 190-200°. Car is stock except for the KTuner base map.

I don't usually push it on hotter days but there seems to be plenty of headroom. IAT post-turbo does get up to 120°+, but KR is still well under .6 most sessions. ECTs hover around 180°. LTFT and STFT are usually within +/- 3%.

EDIT: I see you have a V1. Maybe consider logging and posting your results in the KTuner discussion forum. GL.

Last edited:

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
I have an INJEN Intercooler with CNT Racing Chargepipes. Before I got those, my temp gauge would shoot up after a couple runs. Now they don’t budge. I would highly recommend the INJEN Intercooler and Injen chargepipes.
Why do you not recommend the CNT charge pipes?

JDMpo0kie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Why do you not recommend the CNT charge pipes?
it’s not that I don’t recommend it. I just bought them because that’s what I could afford at the time. They’re great and cheaper than the Injen but I would love to have the Injen Wrinkle red piping

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
it’s not that I don’t recommend it. I just bought them because that’s what I could afford at the time. They’re great and cheaper than the Injen but I would love to have the Injen Wrinkle red piping
Ah ok. Good to know! Any specific reason other than cosmetic you went with Injen vs PRL?