Country flag

Centripetal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 RSX Type S, 2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
Cool! you can corroborate that also.
Nope. That’s because I made it up. It’s pretty easy. I always forget irony does not go well on the internet.

On another note, are those really plastic end caps on the intercooler? What type of plastic is it?

late camaro

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Nova SS, 01 S2000, 15 Camaro SS/1LE, 18 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not much stock to compare to a production car. Fairly certain the water cooling to the turbo has been removed, reducing the load on the cooling system. (turbo is replaced between races) The ducting is split between the IC and the radiator, much more efficient than around a square bumper beam and through an AC condenser, then through stacked IC and radiator.
That steel hood has to slow it down, no carbon fiber, not even a center “air scoop”....

dellyjoughnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner, '19 Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
I wonder why no one has mentioned using thermal barrier coatings internally and externally on the turbo, downpipe, front pipe, piston crown, and the combustion chamber? It's already hard to get enough air flowing through the radiators. I would try to find another way to contain the heat in the engine bay There's plenty of research on thermal barrier coatings proving their efficacy at lowering temperatures for critical parts.

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Overheating & What You Can Do To Stop It F3F0BEC7-ED45-4219-A239-B31E32602F4C

Ah yes. Forgot to mention these then. Turbo oil return line clam shell (left). Dream Hi-Flow Catted DP wrapped in hard lagging!(right). Dream claims it is aerospace grade lagging that cuts heat from 1000F to 200F.
The center insulation is supposed to be for the clutch line, but I couldn’t figure out where it goes, so haven’t installed it:rolleyes:

Honda Civic 10th gen Overheating & What You Can Do To Stop It 66A34625-07B9-467F-9BFF-484BCD0D45C9
RV6 offered a ceramic coat at additional cost so chose that option for the FP.

Honda Civic 10th gen Overheating & What You Can Do To Stop It D501962B-312A-412D-AD28-81617A4094EC

And these black DEI wraps were included in the HKS oil cooler kit I picked up from a forum member to shield against engine heat where these lines pass by. Big upgrade over the dinky wrap that is included in the HKS kit.

I wonder why no one has mentioned using thermal barrier coatings internally and externally on the turbo, downpipe, front pipe, piston crown, and the combustion chamber? It's already hard to get enough air flowing through the radiators. I would try to find another way to contain the heat in the engine bay There's plenty of research on thermal barrier coatings proving their efficacy at lowering temperatures for critical parts.

ImTheStatMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester XT
Country flag
I have also thought that thermal coating the interior is far superior to the exterior. For example, thermal coating the downpipe on the inside would be superior to the outside.

Real answer though is that thermal coating the pistons and combustion chamber requires a full engine tear down.

LoooseR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Integra Type-R
Country flag
This is great, first on my list is the PWR/C&R radiator, my car came with the EVS grille already. Probably won’t get on track until next year but I will be doing mods one at a time to gauge effectiveness.
Sponsored