Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
With prolonged heat soak, why do any of these solutions matter? Helps for a hard to define period that you can’t easily measure just hypothesized. Barriers just slow not block heat transfer and tolerate it well with varying (lower) transfer characteristics than without.

Point is, I feel this is a loosing battle no
matter what in high temp regions and prolonged ops. Recommend more focus on airflow exchange and pos/neg pressures that improve cooling vs wall.
Well you wouldn’t want the heat, that is supposed to escape, heating things through conduction. You increase the effectiveness of the cooling solution by keeping “cold” things cold.
Sponsored

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
With prolonged heat soak, why do any of these solutions matter? Helps for a hard to define period that you can’t easily measure just hypothesized. Barriers just slow not block heat transfer and tolerate it well with varying (lower) transfer characteristics than without.

Point is, I feel this is a loosing battle no
matter what in high temp regions and prolonged ops. Recommend more focus on airflow exchange and pos/neg pressures that improve cooling vs wall.
because the longer you can prolong the issue, the more time you can spend doing what matters, which is seat time and racing.

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
because the longer you can prolong the issue, the more time you can spend doing what matters, which is seat time and racing.
I understand the concept but even in my limited autocross experience, car was already up to full temperature before start, mine didn’t overheat and was about 30 mins run time total in multiple sessions with hours of cool down. Everything would be much more toasted on real track for longer sessions and track racing.
The heat beating solutions seem focused more on barriers than airflow and to me. I’m ok with just leaving room for air circulation around a cerakoated (catted) DP for street use. Turbo blanket might be of some value as biggest heat producer.

I wish aftermarket companies would develop products that prove they aid cooling but not easy to instrument, thinking carefully vented hoods, aux fans, coolers, a system or products in combo vs best educated individual guesses & opinions.
Sorry I’m a data driven logical show me data guy vs hold my beer and watch this.

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
I understand the concept but even in my limited autocross experience, car was already up to full temperature before start, mine didn’t overheat and was about 30 mins run time total in multiple sessions with hours of cool down. Everything would be much more toasted on real track for longer sessions and track racing.
The heat beating solutions seem focused more on barriers than airflow and to me. I’m ok with just leaving room for air circulation around a cerakoated (catted) DP for street use. Turbo blanket might be of some value as biggest heat producer.

I wish aftermarket companies would develop products that prove they aid cooling but not easy to instrument, thinking carefully vented hoods, aux fans, coolers, a system or products in combo vs best educated individual guesses & opinions.
Sorry I’m a data driven logical show me data guy vs hold my beer and watch this.
Your run of the mill autox course should never cause temp issues.

Even 70+ second runs don't budge the temp gauge.

Companies like Acuity did provide data on their products, my guess is that PWR has bigger fish to fry and their reputation speaks for itself. I tried getting info from full race who had none and Mishimoto who straight up ignored me.

Dave B

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette Z06 (sold) 2020 CW
Country flag
I do like the idea of wrapping the exhaust as it travels under the oil pan. Pushing that heat further back in the car and away from the oil should help.

OP
OP
Lust

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag

Companies like Acuity did provide data on their products, my guess is that PWR has bigger fish to fry and their reputation speaks for itself. I tried getting info from full race who had none and Mishimoto who straight up ignored me.
I mean, PWR supplied almost like 80% of the competing teams in LeMans this year with cooling solutions.

Gmedalion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FK8 and other Hondas (only 50 characters?)
Country flag
I have a C&R track radiator installed and am REMOVING a C&R intercooler and going back to oem. Also going to the large race louvers hood vent and a larger grill...hopefully...success.

Will know for sure Sep 2nd.
Why the removal of the C&R/PWR Intercooler and back to stock?

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABP CTR
Country flag

I'm convinced that mishimoto is pure rice. None of their products have proven performance gains despite their claims.

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
I'm convinced that mishimoto is pure rice. None of their products have proven performance gains despite their claims.
If I had to pick between OEM and Mishimoto, id still pick Mishimoto though. At the end of the day, I just threw a koyo in because regardless if it was the Full Race, Mishimoto, or CR Street, it still sounds like people were having problems

SmokeGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type r
Country flag
mishimoto seems like a company that is "a jack of all trades and a master on none." they have made mustang parts for quite some time and long ago they had radiator problems, like poor quality control or something(i remember leaking problems).

i dont like to slander a company but i knew a guy that had the coolant tank(s550 mustang) and it starting leaking from the sight glass, they took care of it, but color me not impressed.

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag