ACUITY

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
sorry about asking question several times. I am running OEM tune. Have also bought an Invidia Q300 Cat back exhaust system and PRL intercooler hose kit since last post. Any possibility of the stock ecu generating a mil light when I install the C & R intercooler, PRL hose kit and the Invidia Q300 cat back exhaust.
I have been told that the Acuity reverse hoses could lead to premature water pump failure. Can anyone comment on that?
@b2point0h is correct; these saw a ton of testing over approximately 2 years before becoming a retail part. We tested on our own track cars, track/street multi-use cars of a number of independent testers, a number of dedicated race cars and even Honda Performance Development spec'd them for their TC FK8's after completing some thermal performance validation testing. The increase in water pressure differential is on the order of a fraction of a percent of total head pressure and not enough to cause any notable change in water pump life.

~Russ
Sponsored

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
even Honda Performance Development spec'd them for their TC FK8's after completing some thermal performance validation testing
well god damn, you don't get better validation than that huh

ACUITY

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag

17RGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R
Country flag
@ACUITY I appreciate the information. Not sure why I never reached out for it, y’all have great support.

I do have a question about the reverse flow hoses. Was all your testing done with an oem Honda radiator? If you have any more information for us with aftermarket radiators and expectations for thermal performance adding your hoses, that would be great!

ACUITY

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
@ACUITY I appreciate the information. Not sure why I never reached out for it, y’all have great support.

I do have a question about the reverse flow hoses. Was all your testing done with an oem Honda radiator? If you have any more information for us with aftermarket radiators and expectations for thermal performance adding your hoses, that would be great!
The change in flow direction will provide an improvement on an aftermarket rad as well, when pushed to its limits. I know of a few vehicles we sponsor that run these with Koyo dual-pass rads. I don't believe we've ever heard about a compatibility issue with any FK8-specific rads (that would normally use OEM hoses).

~Russ

ACUITY

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
wish I could sell Acuity but I have to go through big distributors ?
We try to keep our vendor circle small so that we can keep the service quality high from our vendors. Many brands who have expanded to wholesale too quickly have done so at the expense of the service provided to the end-users, so it's something we take seriously. You're always welcome to reach out to inquire about completing a buy-in or at least to get a list of some wholesalers as an alternate option.

~Russ

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
We try to keep our vendor circle small so that we can keep the service quality high from our vendors. Many brands who have expanded to wholesale too quickly have done so at the expense of the service provided to the end-users, so it's something we take seriously. You're always welcome to reach out to inquire about completing a buy-in or at least to get a list of some wholesalers as an alternate option.

~Russ
Totally understand that. You could ask anybody here - I'd be the highest quality vendor you could have on the FK8 platform. I primarily specialize in tuning but I sell the best parts alongside it. I did reach out but the buy-in is too high for me, sadly. Small shop with a cherry-picked line of products doesn't allow much buying in. Love you guys anyways though! Thanks for all you do for our platform!

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@ACUITY are there any electronic modifications needed for optimum performance with the reverse hoses? I ask because someone commented on FB that with the hoses reversed the ECU might see the opposite of what is expected for a coolant temperature?

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
@ACUITY are there any electronic modifications needed for optimum performance with the reverse hoses? I ask because someone commented on FB that with the hoses reversed the ECU might see the opposite of what is expected for a coolant temperature?
There are some fan settings you may want to change around. The ECU normally controls fans based on ECT2 which is post-radiator, but if the hoses reverse that flow it would be pre-radiator just like the ECT1 sensor. Not sure how your Motec setup is though. The worst case is the fans just run more, the settings you would use for ECT2-based fan control is a lower threshold than ECT1.

spyderman

First Name
al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2000 MR2 Spyder with K24 swap
Country flag
The change in flow direction will provide an improvement on an aftermarket rad as well, when pushed to its limits. I know of a few vehicles we sponsor that run these with Koyo dual-pass rads. I don't believe we've ever heard about a compatibility issue with any FK8-specific rads (that would normally use OEM hoses).

~Russ
have you tested your reverse hoses with a C & R track radiator. I am installing a C & R track radiator in my 2018 FK8 along with a set of your reverse hoses. I am also installing a C & R intercooler.

ACUITY

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
There are some fan settings you may want to change around. The ECU normally controls fans based on ECT2 which is post-radiator, but if the hoses reverse that flow it would be pre-radiator just like the ECT1 sensor. Not sure how your Motec setup is though. The worst case is the fans just run more, the settings you would use for ECT2-based fan control is a lower threshold than ECT1.
Nailed it. I was looking for my old explanation where I worked through the kinks, but this hits the nail on the head.

have you tested your reverse hoses with a C & R track radiator. I am installing a C & R track radiator in my 2018 FK8 along with a set of your reverse hoses. I am also installing a C & R intercooler.
I am not familiar with someone that has done this, but with several hundred sets sold already, I have to imagine it's been done. If it fits fine with OEM hoses, it should fit fine with ours as well. Ours take up a very minimal amount of extra space (mostly near the engine-side connections) more than OEM, so they fit with most aftermarket parts. I'm actually not aware of anything our hoses don't work with, presently.

~Russ

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’ve installed the Acuity reverse hoses with a PWR Race Radiator. Equivalent to C&R.

Working great so far.

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you for the knowledge drop Kefi. :bow:I’ll ask Salasko Racing to see if they can switch the ECT1 and ECT2 settings to account for the reversal, next time I connect with them :)

Dave B

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette Z06 (sold) 2020 CW
Country flag
I thought that the fans turn off or at least become useless at highway speeds. I certainly would have thought the ECU getting ECT1 temps at the ECT2 sensor would not be a good idea.

Which ECT sensor does the ECU use to go into limp mode or start pulling power, ECT1 or ECT2?
Sponsored