Overheating issue

BerzerkerX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Hey guys, i know this is a big issue with this car, but just wanted to know what the avg ECT temps are for this car, and whats the highest it got for you, i have hondata mobile on my HU and my temps range from 190-225, and the ambient temp is 70s. Granted these temps are high/ stop and go traffic.
Sponsored

Turboroe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring 1.5L 2018
Country flag
Ok stopped traffic I usually get some 215 figures until the fan stage 3 kicks in. Check your fan settings in hondata to see if they are good and maybe fiddle with them.

PwrOfDreams

It ain't a Type R then it ain't a tight car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Other
Country flag
My temps range between 188-202 F in a 70 degree day. There is only a 2 stage fan. One is low speed at a certain temp range and the other is a high speed. Have you been racing when you got towards 225 temps? That’s awfully high compared to the norm. I also have Hondata.

OP
OP
BerzerkerX

BerzerkerX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
My temps range between 188-202 F in a 70 degree day. There is only a 2 stage fan. One is low speed at a certain temp range and the other is a high speed. Have you been racing when you got towards 225 temps? That’s awfully high compared to the norm. I also have Hondata.
No racing, juat normal daily driving in bumper to bumper, the other day my car overheated, on the highway, temps went up very high, the fabs werent kicking on, but i think it was bc of my tinkering with hondata, and may have fudged the fan speed control settings since i have the sirimoto flex fuel kit installed, and i think it needs to use the ect2 sensor inorder for that to work? But, i reflashed and turned that feature off seems to be doing ok now but just wanted to see what the avg ect temps were for ppl, bc i was getting 220-240 at times of normal driving.

PwrOfDreams

It ain't a Type R then it ain't a tight car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Other
Country flag
No racing, juat normal daily driving in bumper to bumper, the other day my car overheated, on the highway, temps went up very high, the fabs werent kicking on, but i think it was bc of my tinkering with hondata, and may have fudged the fan speed control settings since i have the sirimoto flex fuel kit installed, and i think it needs to use the ect2 sensor inorder for that to work? But, i reflashed and turned that feature off seems to be doing ok now but just wanted to see what the avg ect temps were for ppl, bc i was getting 220-240 at times of normal driving.
You don’t see 220-240 in normal driving. Those temps are reserved for guys that take their cars to the track and experiencing a overheating condition. With my normal driving in traffic on a hot 98 degree day. The temps stay between 183-202. Fluctuations between those temps with the A/C running. I have seen 205 degrees when I give brief max rpms pull on the highway. That’s the highest I have seen.

Timoty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic exl
Country flag
I need help , the cooling fan is not turning on when temperature going up, just when you push the button on ,the fan is working and temperature drops.
Honda Civic 10th gen Overheating issue IMG_20200706_212643

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Yikes I don’t see anywhere near 220F on the street.

My ECT temp averages 175-180. It might peak to 190F but then drop back down.

Look into the C&R Racing radiator. Made a huge difference for me especially on track.

Jpierro79

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 type R 2015 c300
Country flag
Check you coolant level if not you probably have only one fan operating. You should never see those kind if temps sitting in 70 degree weather. Something is wrong. Possibly faulty secondar coolant sensor. You should not see over 205. I changed my radiator and with 18k and it was actually leaking. My car was never in an accident. If I haven’t upgraded it I would not have caught it.