Overheating at Track...Let me try this again!

REDRAGN

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
I think @REDRAGN and @Lust can provide some feedback on this question
Water is always the most efficient coolant...however, your system needs lubrication and freeze protection (potentially).

Brandon (Lust) has provided data on his preferred mix for a steetable car. Its OEM coolant, water, and an additive. Its a good idea to keep a decent mix of OEM coolant in a street car for the lubrication and actual antifreeze properties.

I only track my car and since I have no issues with potential freezing of the system, I'm currently running @Mishimoto Chill concentrate and distilled water. Headed to COTA next month so it should be a really good test of the cooling system!

Here is a good read: https://www.motortrend.com/how-to/glycol-or-water-coolant/
Sponsored

Last edited:

Konradwax

First Name
Konrad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
I've been tracking rigorously using whiteline (updated version) ALK. No wear issues and i check it after every track day. Reason being i have this clunk that's been plaguing my front end for awhile. seems to happen during wheel hop. Some blame it on the ALK, but i don't see anything and from interpretation, the arm goes up and down. It doesn't go forward and backwards enough to pop out. Unless of course, it's forced by mechanical means....i.e....you hit something hard enough to jolt the suspension components.....etc. And if that's the case, all designs would do the same thing as they're all designed pretty similar. All that said, I ended up getting RV6 everything else(rear toe & lower arms, bushings..etc), so i was thinking of just trying the RV6 ALK to see if a diff. Haven't gotten around to that yet.

Its is the ALK
Had the same issue with my 2021 and created shims
Sponsored