Over analyzing this image from the Honda website-

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Over analyzing this image from the Honda website- upload_2015-10-30_8-39-53

So this image has been up on the Honda website under the Future Vehicles and Concepts. As I recall, it was all blacked out when it was first placed but after the 10th reveal date, the headlights came on in the center car. At first I thought nothing of it... then I thought - what are the other 4 silhouettes?! I realize this is all speculation, conjecture, and general oral defecation, but there's something to it otherwise they probably wouldn't have used this image. Are there 5 different models? Perhaps just 3 models being reflected about the middle...meaning the next two are hatches and the last two are coupes... or perhaps the "Civic Family" will include a Sedan, a Coupe, a Hatch, a 2 dr Hatch, and a Wagon/Tourer.......
I don't see them populating this image with the coupe, then the Si as sedan and coupe, then the Type R just as it is - knowing we are getting the Hatch in lower-models as well. I just don't know. Am I making sense?
Sponsored

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2O16 Civic Touring 'WOP', 2016 HRV EXL w/nav. 'Milano Red'
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Perfect sense to us Apple fanboys. Most everything in an expensive promotion has meaning and been over thought by their marketing types.

HondaGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
I would say you are definitely over-analyzing it. My experience here at the store is that its simply 5 sedans in different trims and colors. I have seen Honda do this in the past. If they were actually 5 completely different models I would be very surprised.

serif

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
9G Accord V6 Slushbox Sedan
To me they look like 9th-gen silhouettes. If you want other possibilities, Coupe, Coupe Si, Sedan Si, Hatch.
They're definitely 9th-gens. The Civic X has a defined angle at the base of the windshield where it meets the hood, whereas the 8th and 9th gens were blob-like as in these silhouettes. I can't find the exact photo they used (looks slightly edited for the front ends anyway), but overlaying 9th-gen studio 3/4 shots mostly lines up with the silhouettes. The front one is the Civic Concept head-on photo that's on that page.

OP
OP

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
They're definitely 9th-gens. The Civic X has a defined angle at the base of the windshield where it meets the hood, whereas the 8th and 9th gens were blob-like as in these silhouettes. I can't find the exact photo they used (looks slightly edited for the front ends anyway), but overlaying 9th-gen studio 3/4 shots mostly lines up with the silhouettes. The front one is the Civic Concept head-on photo that's on that page.
I kinda think the one immediately left of center has a more 'splitter-inspired' lower lip compared to the one immediately right of center...

10thG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
That would be one heck of an Easter egg then to leave with the hopes that someone would over analyze it like yourself :)

I agree they are probably just all 9th generation sedans.