Outside the box thinking on internal aerodynamics engineering

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
How about a solenoid equipped dump pipe coming off the down pipe for maximum turbo flow and you pick where that exits?
Imagine having THE factory exhaust and (relatively) straight off turbo gains at the touch of a button I'll be looking at this option and moving onto the turbo breathing in better than over the counter prescription offerings.
Turbos love open inhale and exhale.

This post is merely to stir the creative modifying pooppot :)
Sponsored

Last edited:

JayDiem

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8, 2007 Ram 1500, 2000 CRV
Country flag
How about a solenoid equipped dump pipe coming off the down pipe for maximum turbo flow and you pick where that exits?
Imagine having THE factory exhaust and (relatively) straight off turbo gains at the touch of a button I'll be looking at this option and moving onto the turbo breathing in better than over the counter prescription offerings.

Just saw this video today, guy has that setup on his 1000 HP trans am. Would be pretty sweet.

OP
OP
Learn2turn

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
Someone already done this old news
Will you please direct me to the old news?
I found no examples through searching this site and google. Thanks in advance

Night Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Type R
Country flag
Turbos love open inhale and exhale.

The only I could think of, it's a cut out and tune..
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...WSJsU4VwIZh6vSK8CXuWxlhLBWLb_tvgaAqHlEALw_wcB
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...WSJsU4VwIZh6vSK8CXuWxlhLBWLb_tvgaAqHlEALw_wcB

wEaK Squad

*ATL*
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CBP FK8
Country flag
When I was building GTRs, we would add either a single 60mm or dual 44mm wastegates under the front seats. It’ll help make more boost (less restriction) thus more power. This enables customers to use a moderate noise level catback, then whenever the car sees XX amount of boost (wastegate spring dependent), it’ll turn into a more “free flowing” louder exhaust. Back to quiet as boost drops back down.

OP
OP
Learn2turn

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
OP
OP
Learn2turn

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
When I was building GTRs, we would add either a single 60mm or dual 44mm wastegates under the front seats. It’ll help make more boost (less restriction) thus more power. This enables customers to use a moderate noise level catback, then whenever the car sees XX amount of boost (wastegate spring dependent), it’ll turn into a more “free flowing” louder exhaust. Back to quiet as boost drops back down.
I really like that method! Also surprised that idea was not discussed at the Porsche/import tuning facility I worked at. Thank you Justin

wEaK Squad

*ATL*
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CBP FK8
Country flag
I really like that method! Also surprised that idea was not discussed at the Porsche/import tuning facility I worked at. Thank you Justin
Typically this method will only (easily atleast) work on a forced induction car due to the wastegate needing positive pressure to open. Or else you would need a spring loaded or electric motor driven unit.

OP
OP
Learn2turn

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Typically this method will only (easily atleast) work on a forced induction car due to the wastegate needing positive pressure to open. Or else you would need a spring loaded or electric motor driven unit.
I understand and it is nice to have more flow when you should need it. It is also nice to be able to open wide with a solenoid at anytime :)
Sponsored