Alj888

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic touring
Country flag
Hello, so my civic still isn’t fixed and the dealer still has no idea what is even wrong with the thing. The field engineer they sent out didn’t figure it out either. So, what should I get next? Any inputs appreciated
Sponsored

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Another car

OP
OP
Alj888

Alj888

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic touring
Country flag
What's the problem?
So for the past month every other time I drive the car during acceleration I will lose all throttle power and then the car even at full throttle won’t go past 2,000 rpms and 8-9 mph. Sometimes it will stay that way for hours and other time once I turn it off it will be fine.

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
get them to give you a new car under lemon law replacement. it's a win win.

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Lemon law. Get a full refund for the car or a replacement car from them.

MTBhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic hatchback sport
Country flag
So for the past month every other time I drive the car during acceleration I will lose all throttle power and then the car even at full throttle won’t go past 2,000 rpms and 8-9 mph. Sometimes it will stay that way for hours and other time once I turn it off it will be fine.
Luckily honda did not say its normal this time.

OP
OP
Alj888

Alj888

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic touring
Country flag
Luckily honda did not say its normal this time.
Haha no actually the last time I took it in they had it for a week and a half and couldn’t figure it out. Well when I left the dealership it happened while pulling out so I turned around with the entire car shaking and only doing 8 mph and drove back to the dealership. I left the car running and the service technician as well as the field engineer sent to figure out my cars problem both looked at me and said that this was bizarre and they had never seen or heard of anything like it. They ran my ecu, did compression test, and some other stuff and everything appeared fine. The field engineer came out and said “hey man, I’ve done everything I can to figure this out and I still have no clue what’s going on. I hope you figure it out.” That’s it. So they basically told me they can’t fix my car and good luck to you. Haha luckily for me Honda is gonna take it as a lemon after some not so nice conversation between the dealer and I. They wanted nothing to do with the car.

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
Country flag
You've got water in the gas tank, just pour a bottle of HEET or some other alcohol based product and your car will be fine.

MTBhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Haha no actually the last time I took it in they had it for a week and a half and couldn’t figure it out. Well when I left the dealership it happened while pulling out so I turned around with the entire car shaking and only doing 8 mph and drove back to the dealership. I left the car running and the service technician as well as the field engineer sent to figure out my cars problem both looked at me and said that this was bizarre and they had never seen or heard of anything like it. They ran my ecu, did compression test, and some other stuff and everything appeared fine. The field engineer came out and said “hey man, I’ve done everything I can to figure this out and I still have no clue what’s going on. I hope you figure it out.” That’s it. So they basically told me they can’t fix my car and good luck to you. Haha luckily for me Honda is gonna take it as a lemon after some not so nice conversation between the dealer and I. They wanted nothing to do with the car.
Glad honda get it sorted out.

OP
OP
Alj888

Alj888

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic touring
Country flag
Glad honda get it sorted out.
Yep.... I’m suppose to be going in tomorrow to see what they’re offering me as a replacing. I gave them two request, new and a manual so I’m excited to see what they offer me! I’ll keep you guys posted.

MTBhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yep.... I’m suppose to be going in tomorrow to see what they’re offering me as a replacing. I gave them two request, new and a manual so I’m excited to see what they offer me! I’ll keep you guys posted.
Yes do that. When I bought my hatch sport i was really considering the cvt after driving manual for almost 2 decades. In the end I sticked to manual transmission because i love driving and oh boy Im glad i did.

OP
OP
Alj888

Alj888

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic touring
Country flag
Yes do that. When I bought my hatch sport i was really considering the cvt after driving manual for almost 2 decades. In the end I sticked to manual transmission because i love driving and oh boy Im glad i did.
The civic I currently has is the cvt and I can’t stand it. I want to throw some gears not just floor the peddle!! I’m hoping for an si but I most likely won’t be that lucky!!

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
The civic I currently has is the cvt and I can’t stand it. I want to throw some gears not just floor the peddle!! I’m hoping for an si but I most likely won’t be that lucky!!
Good luck. I know how you feel. I had no intention to buy a MT but just could not make myself to like the CVT. I test-drove the Touring 3 times.
Sponsored