PirelliPZero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EJ6, CBR
I'd be real happy if the coupe ends up like this. Will it be getting a chrome front grille though? Thought I saw that in some other renders. Or was that just the sedan?

It looks good blacked out like this.
It remains to be seen, but I'm thinking the Civic might go the route of the updated Accord with the new similar grille: Sedans get a chrome grille, Coupes get what Honda is calling a "dark chrome" grille.
Sponsored

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'd be ok with the tinted dark chrome actually...

Téssio Bonafin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
9th Generation Civic Sedan
It really accentuates how big the sedan looks. That seems to be the #1 complaint that I see online about the new Civic. I hope they do a better job with the sedan roofline. It needs to be more fastback like the M4/M3 does a good job of keeping it sporty even with four doors.
Hi There! About the fastback looks, here in a Brazil a magazine said that even the sedan version will open the trunk like a hatch, not like a regular sedan. What do you think of that?

randY49

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thetailpipe.com
Vehicle(s)
1988 CRX Si, 2015 Civic Si
Country flag
I guess that would make it pretty close to a Civic Crosstour.

Advantages:
- Easier to load cargo
- More cargo volume

Disadvantages:
- Less rear seat headroom
- The Crosstour didn't sell well, so...

Viet_Racer

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Civic EM1
Country flag
Very nice images. Too bad the wrap around tail lights didn't make onto these renders, they by far the best design highlight for the Civic X

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I guess that would make it pretty close to a Civic Crosstour.

Advantages:
- Easier to load cargo
- More cargo volume

Disadvantages:
- Less rear seat headroom
- The Crosstour didn't sell well, so...
The crosstour was ugly tho and didn't look like a traditional sedan. The civic coupe and sedan, even if they are lift back look traditional so I doubt that feature would hinder sales

NIN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hondas 4 life
Nice but I still prefer the ones you guys did earlier. So good I made it my phone wallaper :)

Honda Civic 10th gen Our latest 2016 Honda Civic Coupe & Type R renderings {filename}

Honda Civic 10th gen Our latest 2016 Honda Civic Coupe & Type R renderings {filename}

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Civic EX
Country flag
My money is on a hatchback version. With the Type-R being hatchback in Europe, I can't see Honda developing a different Type-R model for the U.S., wouldn't make financial sense or we would already have one here.
We've always known the Type R as a hatchback anyway so why change up its heritage by making it another body. Would be like making the WRX STI a coupe. Just weird ya know.

Quimby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Civic EX 2DR
Ive logged onto Honda UK and have seen their Type R Civic. If Honda USA brings over anything even close to that car, I may have to trade up.

Type-R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Fit Sport
Ive logged onto Honda UK and have seen their Type R Civic. If Honda USA brings over anything even close to that car, I may have to trade up.
That's the Type R based on the current Civic, which we won't be getting in the US. The next Type R based on the 10th gen Civic is coming in a few years. That's the one we'll finally get in US. I expect it to beat the current Type R in every which way - performance and styling.

TarheelJames

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Accord EXL, 2006 Honda Civic SI COUPE
Any images coming of the Civic Si coupe coming? Also heard may be available with 8 speed CVT is that true?
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator: