Admin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
We recently showed you the first 2017 Civic Type R hatchback prototype spy photos, and now we peel back the camouflage to show you the beast that lies beneath!

We worked with our digital artist Damian in examining the spy photos (model image posted below) closely to decipher the Type R's lines and styling elements. We're confident that this result is very close to what the production Type R will look like.

The Civic Type R hatchback based on the all-new 10th generation global platform is due to start production at Honda's UK plant sometime in 2017.

Honda Civic 10th gen Our 2017 Civic Type R hatchback preview based on spy photos CivicX-2017-Civic-TypeR-yellow

Honda Civic 10th gen Our 2017 Civic Type R hatchback preview based on spy photos CivicX-2017-Civic-TypeR-blue

Honda Civic 10th gen Our 2017 Civic Type R hatchback preview based on spy photos CivicX-2017-Civic-TypeR-white

Previews were modeled after this particular image:

Honda Civic 10th gen Our 2017 Civic Type R hatchback preview based on spy photos CivicX-2017-Civic-TypeR-white

Last edited:

RSXer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 RSX
STUNNING and looks spot on. :bow:

I didn't notice the front fender vents until now. What could those be for? Draw hot air from engine compartment? Extra air cooling for tires?

10thG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Damn that's aggressive.Good thing it's got the performance to back up the looks. I like the split 5 spokes better than the test wheels they've been running with.

Kevin35623

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 honda accord
Damn that's aggressive.Good thing it's got the performance to back up the looks. I like the split 5 spokes better than the test wheels they've been running with.
Those look like the new accord rims

VincentVega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Fiat 500 Abarth | 2012 Honda NC700X | 2002 Honda S2000 | 1992 Honda Civic VX
Looks absolutely fantastic!

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Prelude Si
Country flag
*Drool* That looks amazing. Would love to see a back view :)
I'd like to see the rear view also. The prototypes are sporting 3 outlet exhaust. I just found this about the new NSX (hope the link works):http://image.automobilemag.com/f/15...e-sound-control-and-active-exhaust-valves.jpg

We can see how Honda has employed a muffler bypass on the NSX, and I am betting that the CTR gets the same muffler bypass, hence the middle exhaust tip which doesn't have a muffler....

Tuttle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBR600RR
I'd like to see the rear view also. The prototypes are sporting 3 outlet exhaust. I just found this about the new NSX (hope the link works):http://image.automobilemag.com/f/15...e-sound-control-and-active-exhaust-valves.jpg

We can see how Honda has employed a muffler bypass on the NSX, and I am betting that the CTR gets the same muffler bypass, hence the middle exhaust tip which doesn't have a muffler....

Good call. That's likely what it is IMO.

Incredible that there's a 25 decibel difference between the loudest and quietest exhaust modes on the new NSX. +25 dB is freaking loud!

Amazing rendering guys. Thx for continuing to work on rendering previews for us.

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
Wow so cool. Cant afford that ha. Well I am not a blue fan but I love that hue.

Tegster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Integra (Tafetta White)
Love the yellow! Fender vents look really aggressive. Hope they're functional.

nathanzachary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si, 2004 Integra Type-R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is that a typo in the initial post where it says production to start in 2017? I thought that they were anticipating a release in the summer of 2016?
Sponsored