Bubb2521

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 135i, TT RS
I still prefer the look of the 9th gen civic R, the size and it's HB shape.

But this 10th gen render looks alright. And since I'm in Canada and no chance for the 9th. Really hope the 10th arrives exactly like that.

Look fwd for the rear end too. Awesome civicx!!

Don't give up yet Daddynelson... I, like you also didn't like it the look so much with the wrap off however, I think they missed something with this photoshop. The 2015 was just released (as we all know) and I believe they will make the 2016 look a little closer to the 2015.

Also...a little insider, they are using the same seats for the 16' that are in the 15'. Here's a quick photo shop pic.

Attachments

Last edited:

martyr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boring Accord family hauler
Don't give up yet Daddynelson... I like you also didn't like it with the wrap off however, I think they missed something. The 2015 was just released (as we all know) and I believe they will hit the 2016 a little closer to the 2015 looks. Also to give you a little insider, they are using the same seats for the 16' that are in the 15'. Here's a quick photo shop pic.
Damn looks even better with the black wheels and other blacked out body parts like that. That's pure Honda colors right there with the White, Black, Red.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
https://www.facebook.com/street.seen.5/posts/735993593200774

Shoot not sure if that link will work but basically they're saying it was 'revealed' that the US will actually get a Sedan, Hatch, and Coupe #TypeR. Not sure if I believe all 3, but if we do get a sedan TypeR, it could be ready by summer '16 I reckon.

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6

Daddynelson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSX type S
Country flag
You guys are awesome. Hope I have the knowledge to modify an image. I like the blacked out parts too and this should be even closer to the real civic R.

Thought civic R will only come in hatch form, no? Just bring at least one to Canada please.

Tegster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Integra (Tafetta White)
You guys are awesome. Hope I have the knowledge to modify an image. I like the blacked out parts too and this should be even closer to the real civic R.

Thought civic R will only come in hatch form, no? Just bring at least one to Canada please.
It will definitely come in hatchback form. Nobody knows yet if it'll come as a coupe and/or sedan also. A lot of guys here would love to see a Type R Coupe, including me!

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It will definitely come in hatchback form. Nobody knows yet if it'll come as a coupe and/or sedan also. A lot of guys here would love to see a Type R Coupe, including me!
I would LOVE to see it as a coupe and a hatch... something 4 door no matter what or else I won't be able to get it. If they made a coupe as well, I wouldn't even be angry if the coupe had a slight advantage in weight distribution and/or power-to-weight ratio.
Supposedly 9am today (not sure if Eastern or Mountain time) Honda will start their reveals/etc.

Phosky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Civic DX
Country flag
upload_2015-10-27_16-22-24.png

Anybody have any ideas what we're seeing here? #2 looks strangely like a transfer case... #3 just looks strange for the inside of the bumper. I suppose that highlights the fact that the bumper isn't symmetrical... also appears to have cutouts for dual exhausts that aren't center exiting...
I doubt it's a transfer case, given the lack of a castle nut at the rear axle.

MMM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fit

Canada will get the Type R just like the US. And it should do well there since it seems like Canadian buyers like hatchbacks more than Americans.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

RSXer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 RSX
Don't give up yet Daddynelson... I, like you also didn't like it the look so much with the wrap off however, I think they missed something with this photoshop. The 2015 was just released (as we all know) and I believe they will make the 2016 look a little closer to the 2015.
They're not going to change the body design at this point since the standard hatchback is going to be revealed in March probably. And the photoshop was based directly on a clear image of the prototype so this should be very close to what the CivicX 2017 Type R will look like. I do miss the wedge shape of the current hatch but this is will be a nice looking car too.

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R #2314, LS Swapped FC RX-7
Country flag
Loving the look of the hatch. Can't wait to pre-order mine!

alphaghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Is300-daily 1993 prelude vtec-my baby
I love these renderings. IMO it looks better than the 9th gen type R

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Me too. Wonder when dealers will start taking deposits. You know of any dealers taking deposits yet?
The ones I've talked to still claim to know nothing about it - especially when it will even show up in a picture.
I kinda need to sit in one - at least a hatch version - before I order it!
Sponsored