17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Is that a typo in the initial post where it says production to start in 2017? I thought that they were anticipating a release in the summer of 2016?
I was questioning the same thing. I have heard Si in spring 2016 and Type R summer 2016. This isn't from HondaProJason or anything, but it is from an industry insider... a guy I know who is building an HR-V for the booth at SEMA.
Welcome to the forum! Haha - says the guy with 3 posts... (me)
Sponsored

Shortbus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Fit Blue Sensation
I was questioning the same thing. I have heard Si in spring 2016 and Type R summer 2016. This isn't from HondaProJason or anything, but it is from an industry insider... a guy I know who is building an HR-V for the booth at SEMA.
Welcome to the forum! Haha - says the guy with 3 posts... (me)
The current Type R just came out. That'd be crazy if the next generation Type R came out next year. Actually it's kinda crazy even if it came in 2017, for just a 2 year model run of the current one. :crazy:

BTW admin I made the blue image one of my desktop wallpapers! :goodpost:

VincentVega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Fiat 500 Abarth | 2012 Honda NC700X | 2002 Honda S2000 | 1992 Honda Civic VX
I'd like to see the rear view also. The prototypes are sporting 3 outlet exhaust. I just found this about the new NSX (hope the link works):http://image.automobilemag.com/f/15...e-sound-control-and-active-exhaust-valves.jpg

We can see how Honda has employed a muffler bypass on the NSX, and I am betting that the CTR gets the same muffler bypass, hence the middle exhaust tip which doesn't have a muffler....

Honda Civic 10th gen Our 2017 Civic Type R hatchback preview based on spy photos {filename}
I'm really hoping thats what this is! Pressing the +R button (if this will have one) and getting MORE volume out of the pipes when you want it would be amazing! Right now, My Abarth has a sweet exhaust note, but i really wish it wasn't always so loud.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Our 2017 Civic Type R hatchback preview based on spy photos upload_2015-10-27_16-22-24

Anybody have any ideas what we're seeing here? #2 looks strangely like a transfer case... #3 just looks strange for the inside of the bumper. I suppose that highlights the fact that the bumper isn't symmetrical... also appears to have cutouts for dual exhausts that aren't center exiting...

VincentVega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Fiat 500 Abarth | 2012 Honda NC700X | 2002 Honda S2000 | 1992 Honda Civic VX
Honda Civic 10th gen Our 2017 Civic Type R hatchback preview based on spy photos {filename}

Anybody have any ideas what we're seeing here? #2 looks strangely like a transfer case... #3 just looks strange for the inside of the bumper. I suppose that highlights the fact that the bumper isn't symmetrical... also appears to have cutouts for dual exhausts that aren't center exiting...

Its possible one or both could be pass throughs for a towhook or something similar

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The current Type R just came out. That'd be crazy if the next generation Type R came out next year. Actually it's kinda crazy even if it came in 2017, for just a 2 year model run of the current one. :crazy:

BTW admin I made the blue image one of my desktop wallpapers! :goodpost:
I know we were thinking the same thing, but then again the TypeR in Europe is being built on the old platform so it does make sense to bring them to their end of life rather quickly so as to transfer over to the X-generation.
I wonder..... since Europe just got the Type R - I wonder if they'll bring it to USA and make Europe wait a couple years for the CivicX TypeR...

H_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Si
I know we were thinking the same thing, but then again the TypeR in Europe is being built on the old platform so it does make sense to bring them to their end of life rather quickly so as to transfer over to the X-generation.
I wonder..... since Europe just got the Type R - I wonder if they'll bring it to USA and make Europe wait a couple years for the CivicX TypeR...
You mean the US gets the 10th gen Type R in 2017 and then Europe stays with the 9th gen Type R for a couple years after that or have no Type R for a couple of years? If the former, can/would they produce 2 different Type R's based on two different platforms at the same time?

roner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord
Well I just went to the Orange County auto show and asked the manager who work for Honda. He just said that the new civic coupe will release at the end of 2015, si in spring 2016 and type r in summer 2016. So, the things I think is U.S market get a new type r in 2016 and Europe keep selling 9 generation type r

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You mean the US gets the 10th gen Type R in 2017 and then Europe stays with the 9th gen Type R for a couple years after that or have no Type R for a couple of years? If the former, can/would they produce 2 different Type R's based on two different platforms at the same time?
I really don't know of course, but I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped it for a while - again - the same way they dropped it for the last what 5 years or whatever? I don't think Japan had a 9th gen Type R.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well I just went to the Orange County auto show and asked the manager who work for Honda. He just said that the new civic coupe will release at the end of 2015, si in spring 2016 and type r in summer 2016. So, the things I think is U.S market get a new type r in 2016 and Europe keep selling 9 generation type r
My 'insider dude' has said the same thing. I hope this is the case! I don't necessarily 'need' a new car - not with only 154k - just...would like the extra 100 hp!

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Prelude Si
Country flag

#1 looks like a tow hook attachment.
#2 looks like an exhaust hanger of some sort.
#3 you'll see all kinds of holes and shapes in the uni-body when a bumper is removed. This car is a mule frankensteined from other Honda vehicles, hence the open cutouts and misplaced exhaust scallops.

Regarding #2, I won't say this car isn't AWD, but I will say what you see there is too far back from the rear axle line to be a diff.

Is that yellow color an homage to the old yellow CRX Si and Prelude Si from 88/89??

This car looks good!! Gonna need a clean up on aisle 3!

RSXer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 RSX
I know you're just relaying what the guy told you but I honestly don't see how the coupe will be on sale by end of this year. The coupe hasn't been announced yet and the earliest show it'll have it's possible debut would be the Detroit show in January of next year.

Si for the Spring is definitely possible considering there's still lots of time until then. March 2016 is the latest rumor that was posted yesterday I think.

Daddynelson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSX type S
Country flag
I still prefer the look of the 9th gen civic R, the size and it's HB shape.

But this 10th gen render looks alright. And since I'm in Canada and no chance for the 9th. Really hope the 10th arrives exactly like that.

Look fwd for the rear end too. Awesome civicx!!
Sponsored