Admin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Now that the 2016 Civic sedan has been revealed, showing us in effect what the coupe model will resemble, we've put together these preview images of what the 2016 Civic Si Coupe may look like based on the revealed sedan, coupe spy photos, the coupe concept, and of course a bit of our own imagination.

We've incorporated cues from previous Si models - more aggressive bumpers, side skirts, sportier wheels, black front grille, black mesh air intakes, and trunk spoiler. We've also taken some creative license and added some red Brembos.

Unknown is what engine will power the all new Civic Si - either a 1.5L or the more potent 2.0L turbo Earth Dreams K20C1 motor that powers the current Type R. We're hoping for the latter of course :) Also unknown is whether Si models will include all 3 body variants - the coupe, sedan, and/or hatchback.

We should hear more on the 2016 Civic coupe and Si models following the sedan's release in late October - early November, perhaps as early as the SEMA show (at which Honda has previously debuted the Si Coupe).

We hope you like what we've put together!

Honda Civic 10th gen Our 2016 Honda Civic Si Coupe preview render images CivicX_Civic_Si_blue3

Honda Civic 10th gen Our 2016 Honda Civic Si Coupe preview render images CivicX_Civic_Si_blue2

Honda Civic 10th gen Our 2016 Honda Civic Si Coupe preview render images CivicX_Civic Si_blue

Honda Civic 10th gen Our 2016 Honda Civic Si Coupe preview render images CivicX_Civic Si_red3

Honda Civic 10th gen Our 2016 Honda Civic Si Coupe preview render images CivicX_Civic Si_red2

Honda Civic 10th gen Our 2016 Honda Civic Si Coupe preview render images CivicX_Civic Si_red

Honda Civic 10th gen Our 2016 Honda Civic Si Coupe preview render images CivicX_Civic Si_white3

Honda Civic 10th gen Our 2016 Honda Civic Si Coupe preview render images CivicX_Civic Si_white2

Honda Civic 10th gen Our 2016 Honda Civic Si Coupe preview render images CivicX_Civic Si_white

Last edited:

Tuttle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBR600RR
If the Si looks like that and has the performance to back it up, it's going to sell in record numbers. These look like realistic previews too. Well done!

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'd say these are pretty spot on of what we can expect. Based on what we know and what we can assume based on past Si variants.

It also gives a good preview of the coupe minus a few of the added visual cues like the spoiler and different grill.

Hoping they debut the coupe and Si together at SEMA. The sedan is a real looker, i can only imagine the coupe being pure sex in appearance.

civvie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Sign me up now for one in red please, and exactly just like that. Besides the Brembos I can totally see everything else possibly being on the Si.
The black chrome front grill makes such a big difference compared to the chrome one on the sedan. Please Honda just give this thing the 2.0T :bow:

G26okie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord EX-L V6 Sedan
Man, if I wasn't having a kid within a few months, Id be on that coupe so quick. I'm still holding out hope for a good Si sedan though.

Viet_Racer

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Civic EM1
Country flag
Sick previews! This makes the wait even harder tho hah. Love the spoiler shape and how it comes down at the sides and follows the shape of the trunk exactly.

hothatchi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf Mark5
Wow, that's all i can say. I agree with Rob these should be pretty spot on. Competition better watch out if it ends up really looking like this. I predict it will be market busting.

05 Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Si Coupe
Lots of 9th gen Si coupe owners just started looking up trade values on their cars :rofl:

This would blow away any Si Coupe before it and it's not even close. Any chance at all we actually see Brembos on the Si?

NorCalRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Civic Si Turbo, 2012 Vw Jetta Sportwagen TDI, 2009Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4, 2001 Mazda Miata, 1963 Chevrolet Impala SS Wagon
If the si coupe looks anything like this, I will be purchasing one to be a placeholder until the type r is available.

NIN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hondas 4 life
Sedan owners are gonna wish they had the full connected tail lights when they see these on the road. They should have put it on the sedan too, it coulda been the 10th gen 'signature' design. Love the wheels, so much more open than the ones we've seen so far. Then again you gotta have some nice big brakes if you're gonna have wheels with this open a design.

cae

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
grom
Thinking the Si would have projectors instead of LED, upgraded brakes but not Brembos, and a warmed over 1.5 turbo, but I'm willing to be wrong. They'd be foolish to finally bring the CTR over only to cannibalize it. I hope they retain the LSD and the current Si price point (within reason). Waiting to see how they fill out the lineup; an Si hatch priced well under a GTI would be the sweet spot for me.

That blue looks surprisingly good. Makes me wish for a French Racing Blue option. Vivid Sky Blue Pearl seems pretty close...

Last edited:

EmperorHondus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Accord, 2002 Mazda Protege
Thinking the Si would have projectors instead of LED, upgraded brakes but not Brembos, and a warmed over 1.5 turbo, but I'm willing to be wrong. They'd be foolish to finally bring the CTR over only to cannibalize it. I hope they retain the LSD and the current Si price point (within reason). Waiting to see how they fill out the lineup; an Si hatch priced well under a GTI would be the sweet spot for me.

That blue looks surprisingly good. Makes me wish for a French Racing Blue option. Vivid Sky Blue Pearl seems pretty close...
Funny you mention the GTI. It's been a slow seller, and with the VW diesel scandal, I can see dealers giving huge incentives. That said, the Civic Si will be very special. I don't even mind if it doesn't have LEDs or comes with a 1.5 turbo, as long as there's a limited-slip diff and decent torque.

Reactions: cae

G26okie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord EX-L V6 Sedan
I'd gladly pay for an extra option to get the LED headlights on a non-touring.
Sponsored