Ordered The Newly Released MAPerformance Street Exhaust

Tyrannosaurus WRX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 WRX
Country flag
As some may be familiar from another thread, I just purchased one of 12 of the first batch of the MAPerformance Street exhaust with blue tips. Package should be arriving tomorrow and I'm hoping I have time to throw it on. Otherwise it'll be Sunday.

There is not much info on this exhaust out there yet other than a short revving in place sound clip from MAPerformance which sounds mean and different in a very good way. I am however familiar with MAPerformance coming from a 16 WRX and on the Subaru forums people loved their products and raved about their exhaust for that car. They seem to build small batch exhausts with high quality.

When I reached out to MAPerformance to find out more information about their product, as an early adapter I naturally had a lot of questions that traditional research wasn't going to answer. My biggest concerns where mainly sound and drone, and just overall who there target audience was. I basically explained to them that now as a father of 2 my needs have changed and matured. Wanted louder and meaner for sure but not in your face loud. And definitely virtually no drone. This is a car that I will put the family in and go out for the day.

To my surprise the actual head designer Daelen actually called me and had a great conversation. Daelen is a super intelligent guy who seems to know his stuff. He listened closely to my concerns and explained that he made this exhaust to fit exactly what I'm looking for. There is a race option for those who want more. I am from the error of late 90's Japanese cars and those distinct sounds which I am partial to and it seems Daelen from MAPerformance is as well and that is the sound he was aiming for. I am blown away by the customer service of that place with this guy taking the time to talk to me and put my concerns about their exhaust to rest.

Hope any of this helps anyone interested. My exhaust hopefully will be here on time and I'll give my first impressions once it arrives as far as quality and feel goes.
Sponsored

shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 STI, 15 CRV, 16 Civic RS Turbo, 18 Civic Type R
Country flag
I emailed MAP a couple of questions, but never got a reply.

May I ask a couple of favors?

1. Could you please give a subjective weight comparison vs the stock unit? "A lot heavier / a bit lighter" type of answer would suffice.

2. If possible could you measure the shipping box's dimensions? The reason for the latter is I live overseas and need to get it shipped. My shipper charges me per cubic foot. Since this has a removable bracket, I'm hoping it is smaller than other brands.

Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
Tyrannosaurus WRX

Tyrannosaurus WRX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 WRX
Country flag
Just giving an update. Fedex's tracking proves to be massively unreliable yet again. Exhaust was supposed to be here Saturday despite tracking saying so all day. Never arrived! Got delayed and the information just got updated as far as tracking. Will be here tomorrow.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't know how I loved to do this shit working my cars back in the day!
For real! The nights of wrenching into the wee hours of the morning are long past, TG. ??

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 20 Bolt EV, 19 Z06
Country flag
Wow, looks top notch, can't wait to hear your impressions of it. I'm running their street exhaust on my Si currently and absolutely love it! Still breaking in my R so not looking to mod just yet but this is definitely on the list.

shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 STI, 15 CRV, 16 Civic RS Turbo, 18 Civic Type R
Country flag
For real! The nights of wrenching into the wee hours of the morning are long past, TG. ??
I used to do that too. Swapping the engine, installing a clutch, supercharger, turbo, injectors, etc. Multiply the job 2x if the job is on the Subaru. Age is catching up. No more patience, no more energy. Of course that can be remedied by an exciting new part. :headbang:

Sinistah89

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
There is a video on youtube actually...he says theres no drone! Im only concerned on what happens if a downpipe is added...

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
There is a video on youtube actually...he says theres no drone! Im only concerned on what happens if a downpipe is added...
My buddy has the MAPerformance WRX exhaust and claimed it had no drone. Yeah... No. I'd rather wait for some impressions here. It does look like they did everything they could to combat drone.
Sponsored