Konodio

First Name
Casper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RS3
Country flag
so what exactly happened to canadian CTR market... i got myself into JDM last November, decided to go with CTR directly, i was browsing autotrader since then, not a single Brand new CTR appear until today. so i went to few dealerships in January, some of them doesn't even take CTR order, finally ordered one in mid Jan from a big dealer, but no ETA was given, orally said it's going to be 3 month. Now it's 2 months already and i can't even get a lead time saying when will i get my car. i know theres been parts shortage in swindon plant and it's going to shut down in July this year, but if you go autotrader in us, there's like hundreds new CTR sitting there...how come when States has so many inventory but canada's got none.
Sponsored

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
Canadian market is at least 10x smaller, and our dealers can't add any mark-up because it's not allowed here on any new cars. That keeps supply pretty limited because most are already sold, and stored for winter.

Hope you get the one you ordered, if not keep your notifications on AutoTrader as some will come up over the next 2-3 months when most people take them out of storage, and end up listing online for any reason

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
It's suppose to be 2 months-ish ETA. I've seen a few January orders coming through now and being distributed to its allocated dealers

OP
OP
Konodio

Konodio

First Name
Casper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RS3
Country flag
It's suppose to be 2 months-ish ETA. I've seen a few January orders coming through now and being distributed to its allocated dealers
...what are those dealers, my order is from sisley, and i still haven't heard anything yet...

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
...what are those dealers, my order is from sisley, and i still haven't heard anything yet...
What province? I'm mostly Western

OP
OP
Konodio

Konodio

First Name
Casper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RS3
Country flag
Congrats on the new purchase. I hope you get the CTR soon.
me hope so too...but reality is i sent email asking about my order to dealer last week and got no reply yet.

slow_delsol

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I’m in a similar boat as you. I’m in Alberta. I went to my local dealership in January and put down a deposit for a factory order. They were smaller dealer. At the beginning of March they returned my deposit and admitted defeat.

Mid February I contacted a higher volume dealer in another city. They claimed to have ordered 6 from Honda back in the fall. I put a deposit on one of their unsold CTR’s in CW. They last told me they should receive it sometime between May-June. I really hope they pull through. I’ve seen a few people getting theirs in Ontario recently.

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
From multiple sources at Honda, and different dealerships a shortage of semi-conductors is what has backed up the production of Type R's. Here's an article speaking about it in depth:

https://www.autoblog.com/2021/02/09/honda-nissan-chip-shortage-profit-loss-forecast/

ETA for new CTR orders is anywhere from 3-6 months; there is speculation at the dealership level that production may go into 2022 for the current CTR to make up for the shortage, and meet high demand as all 2021 orders are sold out. Funnily enough, the Odyssey is also pretty hot right now, and Honda has already started listing the 2022 for the same reason.
Sponsored