Konodio

First Name
Casper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RS3
Country flag
so what exactly happened to canadian CTR market... i got myself into JDM last November, decided to go with CTR directly, i was browsing autotrader since then, not a single Brand new CTR appear until today. so i went to few dealerships in January, some of them doesn't even take CTR order, finally ordered one in mid Jan from a big dealer, but no ETA was given, orally said it's going to be 3 month. Now it's 2 months already and i can't even get a lead time saying when will i get my car. i know theres been parts shortage in swindon plant and it's going to shut down in July this year, but if you go autotrader in us, there's like hundreds new CTR sitting there...how come when States has so many inventory but canada's got none.
Sponsored

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Different requirements between the 2 countries. We can't buy a car in Canada and import it down here legally unless it is 25 years old or more. They won't get cars for Canada from the US unless they are built here specifically for Canada I would suspect. Don't know how the import process works if you were to come down here and buy one.

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag
so what exactly happened to canadian CTR market... i got myself into JDM last November, decided to go with CTR directly, i was browsing autotrader since then, not a single Brand new CTR appear until today. so i went to few dealerships in January, some of them doesn't even take CTR order, finally ordered one in mid Jan from a big dealer, but no ETA was given, orally said it's going to be 3 month. Now it's 2 months already and i can't even get a lead time saying when will i get my car. i know theres been parts shortage in swindon plant and it's going to shut down in July this year, but if you go autotrader in us, there's like hundreds new CTR sitting there...how come when States has so many inventory but canada's got none.
We got the CTRs at MSRP, so it's pretty easy buy when you can go in and not have to worry about a 10k markup. Also, the Civic in general is Canada's best selling car by like a metric shit ton, so it's no surprise to me that the highest trim model is under hot competition.
Sponsored