Grand Sky Marshal of the North
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport Hatchback 6MT Polished Metal
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey CivicX family, more specifically the 27WON users

is there a particular progression of powertrain parts that would be best followed?
what parts are the most restrictive for performance?
i know a number of us have a budget or a significant other who keeps us on budget, just looking for advise.
so far i figured

1: Software Tuner KTuner/FlashPro
2: Downpipe
3: CAI
4: exhaust w/frontpipe/midpipe
5: intercooler & oil catch can
6: clutch
7: turbo

Any feedback would be appreciated
Sponsored

UnknownCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR SGP, Mercedes-Benz 2014 C250
Country flag

is there a particular progression of powertrain parts that would be best followed?
i know a number of us have a budget or a significant other who keeps us on budget, just looking for advise.
so far i figured

I'm going this route
1. CAI
2. Tuner
3. Turbo
4.????

2tone

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si. 2006 bmw 325i
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

so far i figured

The stock clutch would not hold up with the car fully bolted(1-5). Most people only feel comfortable doing a tune and cai at most before getting an aftermarket clutch. Otherwise the order looks pretty good in terms of gains with lowest money spent. Maybe put intercooler before exhaust/frontpipe. Tune and downpipe are shown to have biggest gains but I’m not too sure if anyone has a downpipe and tune on the stock clutch. I’d imagine some do with no clutch slip and others have tried and clutch slipped or started slipping eventually.

2tone

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm going this route
1. CAI
2. Tuner
3. Turbo
4.????
I know 27won turbo is a drop in but does that mean you can get their upgraded turbo without a downpipe or intercooler first? I’d guess the stock downpipe would be very restrictive to an upgraded turbo. And I would think better cooling would be recommended. I could definitely also be wrong

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

so far i figured

This is a tough question to answer as it can vary by what your overall intentions are with the car. Daily, autocross, drag race, etc.
That being said I think you're list is pretty accurate and a good safe bet of doing things. The clutch may or may not come sooner depending on how aggressive your tune is with bolt on's.
After this I would then add an ethanol blend to help keep things cooler and make some more power (these cars love octane and so does our turbo)
Then I would say a rear engine mount upgrade, tires, and some chassis work. Why because all the power you are going to get from the above bolt-on's won't mean anything if you can't use the power effectively.

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I know 27won turbo is a drop in but does that mean you can get their upgraded turbo without a downpipe or intercooler first? I’d guess the stock downpipe would be very restrictive to an upgraded turbo. And I would think better cooling would be recommended. I could definitely also be wrong
In short yes you can bolt this turbo on to a otherwise 100% stock car (works and fits with all OEM components with no modification required) That being said you would need to tune it for the increased volume of air. Then with the bigger turbo things like the down-pipe, IC, and exhaust will eventually start to become restrictions.

2tone

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
In short yes you can bolt this turbo on to a otherwise 100% stock car (works and fits with all OEM components with no modification required) That being said you would need to tune it for the increased volume of air. Then with the bigger turbo things like the down-pipe, IC, and exhaust will eventually start to become restrictions.
That is awesome thanks for the clarity :). Do you guys plan on offering any e-tuning for those of us that don’t have a good local tuner?

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That is awesome thanks for the clarity :). Do you guys plan on offering any e-tuning for those of us that don’t have a good local tuner?
Unsure yet, it seems more and more are expressing interest so will see how that rolls out.
Sponsored