Orange/Amber light by the Temperature Gauge?

MikeJXWT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Honda Civic LX 2-Dr Coupe, 2017 Honda Civic EX 5-Dr Hatchback, 1994 Chevy Silverado Full-Size Std Cabin, 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie Full-Size Quad Cabin, 2004 Toyota Tacoma Std 2-Dr Pick-up, 2017 Toyota Corolla LE, 2017 Nissan Fronteir S King Cab
Country flag
As the Title says, I've randomly had an orange/amber light glow above my temperature gauge. The car seems completely fine, no funny noises or anything of concern. Only thing I can note is that it showed up when I'm idling and really close to the wall of a Drive-in Window.

Maybe the cars telling me that I'm really close to the curb/wall? Wouldn't make sense since I only have the EX Hatchback.
Honda Civic 10th gen Orange/Amber light by the Temperature Gauge? IMG_1820.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

SilverGhost

Ktuner tuned X2 CivicX.
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT,2017 Sport Hatchback09 Fit
Vehicle Showcase
As the Title says, I've randomly had an orange/amber light glow above my temperature gauge. The car seems completely fine, no funny noises or anything of concern. Only thing I can note is that it showed up when I'm idling and really close to the wall of a Drive-in Window.

Maybe the cars telling me that I'm really close to the curb/wall? Wouldn't make sense since I only have the EX Hatchback.
IMG_1820.JPG
Hmm interesting.Ill see if I have the same light on my temp gauge today.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's hard to tell in a pic but my first guess is it's just a shadow over the edge of that metallic bezel.

There's no feature that would tell you you're close to a wall.

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag
If you dim dash light ?

Did you see in the day or in the night only ?

OP
OP
MikeJXWT

MikeJXWT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Honda Civic LX 2-Dr Coupe, 2017 Honda Civic EX 5-Dr Hatchback, 1994 Chevy Silverado Full-Size Std Cabin, 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie Full-Size Quad Cabin, 2004 Toyota Tacoma Std 2-Dr Pick-up, 2017 Toyota Corolla LE, 2017 Nissan Fronteir S King Cab
Country flag
Not so sure, first time I saw it I thought it was a temperature related thing. Second time it happened I took the car and had them look into it. As usual, my Dealership was clueless. It's been 5 months since it last happened and the orange line light fades away the moment the car moves forward. Tried replicating it a few times on the way home but nothing.

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Not so sure, first time I saw it I thought it was a temperature related thing. Second time it happened I took the car and had them look into it. As usual, my Dealership was clueless. It's been 5 months since it last happened and the orange line light fades away the moment the car moves forward. Tried replicating it a few times on the way home but nothing.
I have noticed that when sunlight hits the dash just right, it looks like the one of lamps are lit. I have seen this happen with my left turn signal, which is in the same vicinity as you describe.

OP
OP
MikeJXWT

MikeJXWT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have noticed that when sunlight hits the dash just right, it looks like the one of lamps are lit. I have seen this happen with my left turn signal, which is in the same vicinity as you describe.
You called it, finally replicated it last night. Girl at the drive-in forgot to turn their drive-in open sign ON and when she did, it was bright orange and the light was reflecting off of the clear bezel. Lol...
Close this thread up and swallow the key.
Sponsored