1.5T Options for Active or Valved Exhaust (Electronic Exhaust Cutout)

ultraviolence

◢◤
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Hello all! I know you've probably seen this thread or one similar somewhere, but I can't seem to find an answer. I want the option to make the exhaust louder or quieter, based on my driving mode and well, location (neighborhoods). *The cutout will go just before the mufflers and just before the Y split.* So, does anyone have experience with the cutouts on the 2017 Hatch Sports? Also, I posted a link of what I was interested in. If anyone has experience with them, how difficult is it to wire underneath the car? I have a friend with a lift, but I'm worried about getting the wire into the actual car. The reason for this, is because some of the cutouts can be plugged into the interior power outlet (which seems a little easier, as it doesn't require any wiring). So, what are your thoughts?

Link: https://www.amazon.com/SPELAB-Electric-Exhaust-Catback-Controller/dp/B083J9DQ3L
Sponsored

Last edited:

Cmrnj1s

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sports Touring
Country flag
Hey man, I have a cutout on my 2018 Hatch ST. I have it right after the Dow pipe, closer but before the resonator. When installing, You will have to take some hardware out, one bing the center bridge connector, you will also need to weld new points for the supports which you’ll cutoff and replace with the cutout. The Y pipe will also hang down ever so slightly because it doesn’t quite fit, I have never had any scraping issues. Honestly I wouldn’t let this deter you from getting it done. It’s easily the coolest thing I’ve done to my car and its amazing hearing my car have 2 COMPLETELY different sounds. It’s super loud when I want it to be and dead silent when I need it to be too.

OP
OP
ultraviolence

ultraviolence

◢◤
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Hey man, I have a cutout on my 2018 Hatch ST. I have it right after the Dow pipe, closer but before the resonator. When installing, You will have to take some hardware out, one bing the center bridge connector, you will also need to weld new points for the supports which you’ll cutoff and replace with the cutout. The Y pipe will also hang down ever so slightly because it doesn’t quite fit, I have never had any scraping issues. Honestly I wouldn’t let this deter you from getting it done. It’s easily the coolest thing I’ve done to my car and its amazing hearing my car have 2 COMPLETELY different sounds. It’s super loud when I want it to be and dead silent when I need it to be too.
Oh, I was planning on putting the cutout just before the Y pipe/ before the mufflers. How did you wire the cutout into the cabin?

Cmrnj1s

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sports Touring
Country flag
I did my wiring in a really shit way. It works fine and Is clean but, It’s super annoting only having one cigarette port so I had to it all the way from the front of the cabin through the the trunk to the cutout. I had a really long cord. I’m sure I could have got it though the firewall, but I didn’t try, you could also cut the cigarette port off and wire it into a fuse that you could tap into. I just didn’t.
Sponsored