swampm0nsta

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
id say just a ktuner and a phearable 1.5R or TSP Stage 1+ would be more than enough for daily driving. I say go with the R or + versions because they feel a lot smoother than just the regular tunes. You can run those on the stock clutch without slippage as long as you don't to WOT pulls at low RPMS or low gears ie. 1st or even second.
Sponsored

Chris_19Si

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
I have the Acuity parts. Shifter feels much better than stock. Consider adjusting clutch pedal travel to restrict it. The short throw on the shifter is complimented with short pedal travel for quicker shifts.

jlamb30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan • 03 Kawi ZX-6R 636
Country flag
Along with a tune, I definitely recommend the CTR shifter with Acuity upgrades (spring, rocker arm and base bushings). You can get it directly from Unity Performance or order separately from Acuity and an online Honda parts source.
I definitely recommend the 20+ CTR shifter and Acuity goodies! Night and day difference in shifting.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
For someone just looking for a bit more performance/fun in their Si with some measure of safety/reliability (I think that's what the OP was actually asking).

I think this is the way to go. Keep it simple.

1. Start with the tuning device and an OTS tune.

2. Add Acuity parts to improve the shifting feel.

3. Upgrade to better tires.

Just that alone will up the fun factor like 50%. Add additional items if your budget permits and you feel like you need to.

jlamb30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan • 03 Kawi ZX-6R 636
Country flag
For someone just looking for a bit more performance/fun in their Si with some measure of safety/reliability (I think that's what the OP was actually asking).

Just that alone will up the fun factor like 50%. Add additional items if your budget permits and you feel like you need to.
KTuner with Phearable is on my short list, but I'm still on the fence because of the warranty.

Chris_19Si

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
You can flip back and forth between tunes, until you get the ethanol tune. It uses the T2 wire off your engine coolant as the ECU input. Going back to stock with that not showing the right signal may throw a code. I have the Phearable stage 2.5 ethanol tune. Can't imagine going back to stock. No issues with the tune. The traction control settings have to be understood when setting up Ktuner for it to work. Pretty nice when you enable it. Way better than stock.

DHM85

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si
Country flag

I second this. Acuity goodies on my stock shifter was my first mod and that enhanced the driving experience so much so that I waited almost a full year before doing anything else. Then got the stage 1+ tune from TSP along with Continental DWS's and was in Honda heaven. Went for the PRL short ram with the race MAF mainly for sound but additional HP in the colder months or cooler mornings and felt so satisfied. There are a few other things I would like to do of course but if I never get to them I'm more than satisfied with my car as is.

Purp.si

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FC3
Country flag
You can flip back and forth between tunes, until you get the ethanol tune. It uses the T2 wire off your engine coolant as the ECU input. Going back to stock with that not showing the right signal may throw a code. I have the Phearable stage 2.5 ethanol tune. Can't imagine going back to stock. No issues with the tune. The traction control settings have to be understood when setting up Ktuner for it to work. Pretty nice when you enable it. Way better than stock.
I plan to switch to the 2.5 tune from TSP stage 2. Can you elaborate about the traction control settings when setting up the Ktuner? I’m somewhat new to this. Just waiting on my race MAF to ship before I switch to phearable.

Chris_19Si

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
I'll have to check my VSA settings to be sure. If you don't set it up correctly, traction contol fights itself and there will be lots of bucking on the edge of traction. Get it right and it controls with minimal wheel spin. I'll post my settings shortly.

Chris_19Si

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Here are my settings on the Phearable Stage 2.5 tune. I had to work through my problem with Phearable tech. I took GoPro videos and send data logs of what was happening. Depending on how the tune comes default, disable Advanced VSA and the U0122 - VSA. The throttle setup is up to you to explore, but the settings I have below work for me. I don't drag race this car, just autocross and a bit of fun on the street. Dragging the car with upgraded tires may require different throttle settings to dial it in for your specific setup. I also run a single mass aluminum flywheel (16lbs). The engine revs very quick, but requires a bit of throttle to keep from stalling on start. A bit different than stock clutch engagement. Easy to get used to, but goofy for anyone else thinking the clutch is going to be forgiving. I hope this helps.
Honda Civic 10th gen Optimizations for Si as a daily driver? Quick Enables.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Optimizations for Si as a daily driver? Quick Adjustments.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Optimizations for Si as a daily driver? Quick Disables.JPG

Chris_19Si

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Oh, I assume you are getting your tune for the race MAF. From what you wrote, you are waiting for the tune until after you get the MAF. Not sure the race MAF made a difference, but it sets the stage for more upgrades to the inlet piping, and future big turbo. Doesn't hurt to have it on stock turbo.

Chris_19Si

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Damn, almost forgot. I spoke about enabling the traction control, but forgot to tell you the rest. Phearables setup only works when cruise control is off. That's how it's enabled, otherwise TC works off factory settings. You also don't have to disable VSA from the dash. Leave it on. When I autocross, I have to do the pedal dance to disable all of the driver aids. Traction control works great in a straight line, but all of the factory settings get in the way when I throw the car around. It pulls too much throttle and operates the brakes to keep you safe. I'm much faster with everything off. On the street, I'd suggest keeping VSA on from the dash. It's the only way Phearables TC will work for getting off the line. Again, the Phearable TC works based on the screens shots from above, VSA enabled from the dash, and cruise control off. When you rev the piss out of the engine and slip the clutch aggressively, the traction control light will blink and you will get some wheel spin, but stay in it! You will accelerate quickly, whereas the stock setup will pull throttle immediately and you will not go anywhere. Big difference in getting off the line. You can also setup two-step by having cruise control off, then press the clutch in and short press the cruise control cancel button. The RPM gauge will move to the default RPM (about 3500). Use the up and down buttons to change the value. Let the clutch out or short press the cancel button to exit. You can do this on-the-fly or at a stop. There is no anti-lag on this tune, just two-step. If you want to get up on the boost curve because you have a good tire, run the two step up past 3500 RPM to get higher on the curve when under load (letting the clutch out). Two step only kicks in when the clutch is in, not matter what gear you are in. It will reset to default every time you start the car, so you'll have to adjust it each time you start the car and want to play. I can't tell you everything on one post as you can tell. You'll have to discover some of the features on your own and gain some experience. You will really enjoy this tune and all of the features as you explore. Get some good tires or all of this will be a waste!

MrJustin81

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
I would highly suggest the Acuity shifter cable bushings, has made a distinct difference in feel and the pedal relocator bracket, since I put it in over the weekend, I “feel” like I can drive more aggressively easirr(the whole purpose). In addition to the above mention of a tune and stickier tired.
a CTR front brace and bolts is a very inexpensive and effective.
But warned once you start, it’s easy to go down the rabbit hole. I haven’t even put in my CAI, but already thinking I want a flex fuel kit snd stage 2 tune, as well as continuing to purchase minke cosmetic things every payday!!!
it’s a freaking blast.
the look of someone face as you keep up or send them to GapAbblees is damn priceless

Purp.si

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FC3
Country flag
Damn, almost forgot. I spoke about enabling the traction control, but forgot to tell you the rest. Phearables setup only works when cruise control is off. That's how it's enabled, otherwise TC works off factory settings. You also don't have to disable VSA from the dash. Leave it on. When I autocross, I have to do the pedal dance to disable all of the driver aids. Traction control works great in a straight line, but all of the factory settings get in the way when I throw the car around. It pulls too much throttle and operates the brakes to keep you safe. I'm much faster with everything off. On the street, I'd suggest keeping VSA on from the dash. It's the only way Phearables TC will work for getting off the line. Again, the Phearable TC works based on the screens shots from above, VSA enabled from the dash, and cruise control off. When you rev the piss out of the engine and slip the clutch aggressively, the traction control light will blink and you will get some wheel spin, but stay in it! You will accelerate quickly, whereas the stock setup will pull throttle immediately and you will not go anywhere. Big difference in getting off the line. You can also setup two-step by having cruise control off, then press the clutch in and short press the cruise control cancel button. The RPM gauge will move to the default RPM (about 3500). Use the up and down buttons to change the value. Let the clutch out or short press the cancel button to exit. You can do this on-the-fly or at a stop. There is no anti-lag on this tune, just two-step. If you want to get up on the boost curve because you have a good tire, run the two step up past 3500 RPM to get higher on the curve when under load (letting the clutch out). Two step only kicks in when the clutch is in, not matter what gear you are in. It will reset to default every time you start the car, so you'll have to adjust it each time you start the car and want to play. I can't tell you everything on one post as you can tell. You'll have to discover some of the features on your own and gain some experience. You will really enjoy this tune and all of the features as you explore. Get some good tires or all of this will be a waste!
This is a great write up thank you so much for this. Great advice and I have some 245/40 summer tires on the way as well!

OP
OP
MLawrence

MLawrence

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si
Country flag
You guys are awesome!