Optimal Audio Settings

entropy89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Hi everyone,

I just became the proud owner of a 2016 Honda Civic EX-T yesterday. I turned in my 2012 Cruze (with premier audio). I noticed on my drive home the sound difference between the cruze and civic. I'm wondering what everyone's optimal bass/treble/middle settings are in their car. Highs and lows feel very quiet to me especially.
Sponsored

SanthonyL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T W/Sensing
Country flag
I have all three on my EX-L set to almost max....the stock system does not have very pronounced bass unfortunately :(
doesn't the bass sound terrible on max?? I keep the mid 1 to the right, bass in the middle and treble 3 to the right

OP
OP

entropy89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
doesn't the bass sound terrible on max?? I keep the mid 1 to the right, bass in the middle and treble 3 to the right
I'll have to try that when I get in my car later.

I had the bass up 3 levels and sirius sounded decent, but my google play music sounded ridiculous. I first tried futzing with google play's equalizer but I'm convinced that only makes it worse.

SanthonyL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'll have to try that when I get in my car later.

I had the bass up 3 levels and sirius sounded decent, but my google play music sounded ridiculous. I first tried futzing with google play's equalizer but I'm convinced that only makes it worse.
ya messing with other settings on the phone make it worse.I find the bass levels to sound horrible when bumped up. it really needs better speakers or a sub to fill the sound in

mno86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I feel like I had to change my settings for each audio mode I was in. I dunno if that's just my imagination, but.

I keep the subwoofer and bass all the way up, and everything else in the middle. Pretty solid. I'm not one that listens to outrageously loud music though typically.

SanthonyL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I feel like I had to change my settings for each audio mode I was in. I dunno if that's just my imagination, but.

I keep the subwoofer and bass all the way up, and everything else in the middle. Pretty solid. I'm not one that listens to outrageously loud music though typically.
I bet that setting works great with a sub, but the EX-T doesn't have that option

nielboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 BMW 435i X-Drive
Country flag
Hi everyone,

I just became the proud owner of a 2016 Honda Civic EX-T yesterday. I turned in my 2012 Cruze (with premier audio). I noticed on my drive home the sound difference between the cruze and civic. I'm wondering what everyone's optimal bass/treble/middle settings are in their car. Highs and lows feel very quiet to me especially.

We had a 2012 Cruze LTZ RS with the upgraded audio system/subwoofer & it sounded leagues better than my wife's new Touring with subwoofer.
Sponsored