Opinions on stock Sport/Touring/SI wheels

XGenTakeda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
What do you think about the 2019 and down OEM stock wheels of the sport/SI wheels Yay or nah? Too simple or too busy? Refreshing or boring ??
Sponsored

Last edited:

sfedai0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 civic
Country flag
2019 and down? Some of the best looking ever in the Honda lineup since RSX Type-S wheels and the EM2 Si wheels. Been a long time since we've had some good looking OEM wheels that dont look like flower petals.

AndyAndromeda-AUS

AndyAndromeda
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 10th Gen - Vti-LX (Australia)
Country flag
I don't like any of the shiney metal ones that come from Honda. They all look like Soccer Mom wheels.

But the all black wheels. Now they look hot!

This is what I have.

Honda Civic 10th gen Opinions on stock Sport/Touring/SI wheels Screenshot_20190219-210919

julianzh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-t, 2019 GTI Autobahn DSG
Country flag
Any alloy wheel > plastic wheel cover.

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I like the blend of black paint and exposed alloy on these wheels. The Si's in particular with the machined alloy looks awesome, but I'm guessing will make scratches a real pain to remove.

BoxsterSteve

still plays with cars...
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Porsche Boxster S, 2018 Civic Touring sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I ditched the stock 17ā€™s on my 2018 Touring sedan in favour of Sport Hatchback 18ā€™s.

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't like any of the shiney metal ones that come from Honda. They all look like Soccer Mom wheels.

This is what I have.

Screenshot_20190219-210919.png
Soccer Dad wheels.;)

jorus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
I'm a complete Civic (and car for that matter...) noob, so forgive the dumb question...

Can I put OEM sport wheels on a 2019 Civic EX? The car came with 17" wheels, are you able to upgrade to 18"? How does that effect the TPMS sensor for the wheels...? I'm not all that happy with the greyish wheels that came with the EX, and I've been thinking about swapping the wheels out with something more silvery/shiny, but I want to keep it as "stock" looking as possible. Thanks!

Edit: quoted the previous post in error

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Galant ES 2.4, 18 Sienna XLE (FWD), 18 FK7 ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

This is what I have.

Screenshot_20190219-210919.png
That front under spoiler in the picture, the corner looks just like the Mugen one, I'd definitely look into that if I drives a non Si Sedan:yes:
Honda Civic 10th gen Opinions on stock Sport/Touring/SI wheels Screenshot_2019-09-07-22-16-11

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I'm a complete Civic (and car for that matter...) noob, so forgive the dumb question...

Can I put OEM sport wheels on a 2019 Civic EX? The car came with 17" wheels, are you able to upgrade to 18"? How does that effect the TPMS sensor for the wheels...? I'm not all that happy with the greyish wheels that came with the EX, and I've been thinking about swapping the wheels out with something more silvery/shiny, but I want to keep it as "stock" looking as possible. Thanks!

Edit: quoted the previous post in error
They'll fit perfectly fine and will look better. No worries on the TPMS because we have an indirect system; it's not in the wheel.

I agree with you on the 2019 wheels. That grey finish looks dull in contrast with many of the Civic paint colors.

jorus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
They'll fit perfectly fine and will look better. No worries on the TPMS because we have an indirect system; it's not in the wheel.

I agree with you on the 2019 wheels. That grey finish looks dull in contrast with many of the Civic paint colors.
That's awesome to hear - thanks. Is there much change going up a wheel size in performance/ride...?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Handling will be better with a small sacrifice in ride quality and mpg's (thinner sidewall, heavier wheel/tire combo).

crxFITcivicBOY

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Though Iā€™m biased because I have the Hatch Sport, but I like the darker tint on the sports. Look really good for an OEM wheel. Iā€™d buy em off someone if I had a different trim. Itā€™s a cheap way to get a nice looking wheel.

wbuff

First Name
Wyatt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
The factory wheels on my 2019 Sport Touring Hatch is one of the reasons why I bought the car. I have to admit though, the EX wheels are the ugliest things I've ever seen.
Sponsored