Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
The real question is, would the PRL intake hose add any more sound if you already have the K&N filter? I don’t think I want all the sound of the full HVI but just a little more
I have a PRL silicone intake hose /aFe Pro Dry S filter combo on my 1.5T tuned turbo.

The only difference I see is a very slight uptick in throttle response and a bit more sound at or near WOT compared to stock. I realize I don't have an R but you won't be getting much improvement to be honest.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Shred

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The real question is, would the PRL intake hose add any more sound if you already have the K&N filter? I don’t think I want all the sound of the full HVI but just a little more
The hose is a little smoother on the inside so it has slightly better throttle response due to the air flowing, how measurable that is debatable. It was more for prettying up the engine bay a bit while I was at it.

Toolz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type-R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I found it made decent improvement in turbo sound.. spooling and blow off.. and looks good too. Can’t go wrong for the price.

cholter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chrisholterracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
It does not add more sound. It's real function is to straighten the air vs the stock tube.

Toolz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type-R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You will get ..Yes it does... no it doesn’t .. its an inexpensive, easy upgrade..if your ears like it bonus.
:drive:

phlopctr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Country flag
Bad necro, but did you ever get one and find out for yourself? Looking to do the same.

Testudo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatch exl
Country flag
I have a PRL silicone intake hose /aFe Pro Dry S filter combo on my 1.5T tuned turbo.

The only difference I see is a very slight uptick in throttle response and a bit more sound at or near WOT compared to stock. I realize I don't have an R but you won't be getting much improvement to be honest.
where do you get your afe filter from?

Vitamin_R

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR, 2005 C230K
Country flag
I'm not looking for gains, just some extra spooly sounds. ? Is the prl stage 1 intake a good option? Anyone have feed back on it? However I wouldn't want spooly sounds if this gets hotter then the oem intake parts it replaces. I know they have the HVI but for $129 the stage one seems like a good deal. If I can get a little extra blowoff sounds I'd rather go that route.
I have the HVI. There is no increase in spool noise. There's a large increase in BOV noise

The air rushing through the intercooler is louder than any spool noise

OP
OP
Savage

Savage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic type r
Country flag
Mishimotos new intake is also awesome. Great price too.
Sponsored