Mick the Quick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Civic Type R (R-08508)
Country flag
Got'dam, I think it's cheaper to pay a homeless guy to stand by the car and shoo away any birds that come near it before it gets pooped on.
I suspect that there is a much higher chance of said person pooping on your car than a bird doing the same.
Sponsored

mpt2006

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I spoke to a local installer that was recommended and he said he washes and clay bars before Xpel Ultimate install but said

“With a white vehicle normally a clay bar is the only needed prep other then being as clean as possible. Micro marring, holograms, swirls etc.. will never show through the film as it takes on the new top layer.”

The car would be going straight from the dealer to him for the install.

Should I be concerned as I’ve read the prep work even on a new car is most important.
His quote for 5K for a full wrap

r00kie_c00kie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR
Country flag
Looking for recommended installers in the San Francisco Bay Area for full frontal PPF.
I'm trying to keep the cost under 2k, if that's even possible.

fiachamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 CTR, DC5 RSX Type S
Country flag
Full frontal PPF for under $2k should be easily possible, at least in SoCal. I got full frontal PPF + ceramic pro silver for $1800. Don't get ripped off.

At this point, I've had the coating for about 3 months daily driving on LA streets and freeways and it still looks damn near like it came off the lot. Washing/drying is a lot easier with the water beading up. Especially if you find a dollar car wash where you can use a blower to dry it 95% then just a few wipes with microfiber and you're looking like you just got a wax. Worth it

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
Full frontal PPF for under $2k should be easily possible, at least in SoCal. I got full frontal PPF + ceramic pro silver for $1800. Don't get ripped off.

At this point, I've had the coating for about 3 months daily driving on LA streets and freeways and it still looks damn near like it came off the lot. Washing/drying is a lot easier with the water beading up. Especially if you find a dollar car wash where you can use a blower to dry it 95% then just a few wipes with microfiber and you're looking like you just got a wax. Worth it
Ceramic Pro Silver on mine as well, since April. Also still looks brand new off dealer lot. I also occasionally add Meguiars Ultimate quick wax, giving it an even glossier shine

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
Looking for recommended installers in the San Francisco Bay Area for full frontal PPF.
I'm trying to keep the cost under 2k, if that's even possible.
I got entire front bumper, grill, mirrors and rear hatch landing and then ceramic coated the entire thing for $2k. But he may charge a bit more now that he notice the back of the Type R's will take 8 hours to polish. Anyways, his name is Jason, and he's shop is car carzwerk , and he's huge in the NSX world in the bay area. I'm really happy with his work. Car still shines like a diamond everytime I wash and dry! :)

kevv_FK8

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2022 Honda Pilot SE, 2013 Honda Civic
Country flag
I did xpel on entire front end with a pillars and half of the roof and the rear fender flares for $1800. He also Xpel'd the door cups for free

CTRFK8

First Name
Sauce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR
Country flag
Clear bra whole front bumper, headlight, 1/3 hood, quarter fender, side mirrors, under $300.

DSRxOC714

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag

Which shop did you go to and which film did they use?

IceyD

First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Champ White CTR 2018
Country flag
i did cquartz ceramic myself, so just $80 for the kit. there's still no hope keeping it clean during the winter but it does make it easier to wash, and gives it a nice gloss.
Sponsored