OP
logan

logan

New Civic Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda CIVIC EX-T
Logan, what did you end up doing? I'm in the exact same boat as you, thinking 50% on front (slight risk from cops) and 38% for the rest.
I ended up just getting the back windows and rear tinted 20%. I figured I'd try that out first and see if I like it. I indeed do like it and have not pushed to get the fronts done as I just don't feel like I really need it and would rather just stay legal. If I do anything further, it will be to get the window visors, but maybe not. If you decide just to get the rears tinted like me, I would suggest going darker like 15% or 10% because the windshield and 2 front windows let a lot of light in to the car, making the rear tinted windows appear not as dark and so people can still see through to the back pretty clearly during the day. Here our some pics I took a while back but keep in mind I took these in the eveningish.
Honda Civic 10th gen Opinions on only rear window tinting? 20160612_205107
Honda Civic 10th gen Opinions on only rear window tinting? 20160612_205159

The pics above are the same day I got the tint. After a month, the tint got darker, so I was happy about that although I personally still kinda wish I went darker. But that's not to say I'm not happy with what I already have. Here are some more pics I took after about a month.

Honda Civic 10th gen Opinions on only rear window tinting? 20160710_194409

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ooh.. Man.. I would have pulled the rear dash out first. So they could tint the brake hole .. ewww :(

Just got the windows tinted 15% all the way around & an eyebrow on the windshield - at Ziebart Notice they did the whole back window in 1 piece - cost to tint the whole car $230
civicBackWindowTint.jpg
civicWtint.jpg

HarleyHellboy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Was wondering when someone was going to respond. But ya I get what your saying. I thought it looked kind of cool with part dark and part clear, but then I thought well, it makes me look like a taxi or limo driver and I don't want to look like that, but this isn't a very long car, so it may not give that feel.

HarleyHellboy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
It looks great. I have just the back and 2 back side windows done. You are looking at $140.00 to $200.00 depending on quality of the tinting material used and any EXTENDED WARRANTY you may get. I paid $200.00 because I bought best tint. (cheap tint may turn purple which looks nasty) Also since they have been in business 15 years I got EXTENDED WARRANTY that is in effect as long as I own car. I expect to keep car at least 10 years and I know this tint shop will still be in business because it is a gold mine
Sponsored