Hasdrubal

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si sedan, 2015 Fit, 2009 Ridgeline
Country flag
If we're talking about EV design now, I'd love to see the pickup truck move away from its current form. Today's trucks need room for a giant V8 motor, a transmission strong enough to tow an Abrams tank, 4x4 transfer case, and enough radiator/trans cooler plumbing to make them not overheat for the few people who are actually using the performance. There's like six feet of truck you don't need if you're running electric.

Slide the cab forward that distance, and you could have an impossible combination- full size cab, decent legroom in the back, long bed, and wheelbase shorter than a city bus. This is a perfect way for an EV to work better than the traditional version, with the weight distribution more even, the ability to lower the cg, and make AWD more efficient.

Honda Civic 10th gen Opinions on electric cars truck
Sponsored

OP
OP
saz468

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
A

Real car enthusiasts u WILL and MUST miss the sound of a car engine,,,especially those v6 and v8
Certainly especially the sound from a flathead Ford V8 and fifties and sixties non emission V8s
The gurgle from a inline 6 the sound of a Turbo four A V12 and I always love the sound of a Air cooled flat 6 either a 911 or corvair

OP
OP
saz468

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If we're talking about EV design now, I'd love to see the pickup truck move away from its current form. Today's trucks need room for a giant V8 motor, a transmission strong enough to tow an Abrams tank, 4x4 transfer case, and enough radiator/trans cooler plumbing to make them not overheat for the few people who are actually using the performance. There's like six feet of truck you don't need if you're running electric.

Slide the cab forward that distance, and you could have an impossible combination- full size cab, decent legroom in the back, long bed, and wheelbase shorter than a city bus. This is a perfect way for an EV to work better than the traditional version, with the weight distribution more even, the ability to lower the cg, and make AWD more efficient.

truck.jpg
We had a 1967 ford Econoline van pickup three window with a 170 cubic inch inline six with a three on the tree ( ours was similar to the picture)

Honda Civic 10th gen Opinions on electric cars C7131165-A4D1-4120-94AF-276D21A91E61

Btw I personally think cab overs should come back in pickup trucks
I believe it is a safety issue car manufacturers mostly American aren’t looking for practical which a Cab over has a better turning radius. Today’s pickup are cadillacs and Lincoln’s with open trunks

Last edited:

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
I hope you guys realize that a large part of the horrible ear-killing racket these racing cars posted above make comes from the straight gears in their transmissions. That's what I hate about going to car racing (or concerts:p) - you pay a lot for the ticket and then have to walk around with stupid ear plugs.:banghead: And if you don't, you will instead have to get hearing aids later.....

I won't buy an electric car probably ever in my life. It's not because I'm nostalgic for the noise, or the box full of sprockets in it. The elecrics just aren't nearly good enough for me now, and I don't believe they will become acceptable in my lifetime. At the same time, today's ICE's are beautiful, mature, sophisticated and top performing pieces of engineering, and what's the most amazing, still with ample room for innovation and optimization after all these years.:thumbsup:

Here's a part of the reason why racing sounds ever so dreadful (listen @ 0:30+) A primitive and stripped down technology is used to simplify the rig, maximize the power and minimize the weight, so no helical gears and no mufflers.:bump:

Last edited:

Hasdrubal

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si sedan, 2015 Fit, 2009 Ridgeline
Country flag
Yeah, I was aware of the straight cut gear thing, but there's enough difference between the exhaust note of F1 cars from the different engine eras that I listen to comparison videos on youtube pretty often just to enjoy the sound. Like a combination of a mechanical symphony and a banshee rending the air molecule from molecule. V10s were my favorite, but might be just because those were the years I started watching the races (tv only, sadly).

I've only been to NHRA drags and a few CART races back when that was a thing, but the noise is part of the experience. It's part of what makes it different than watching it on tv, like there's an energy to it past just the extra decibels. I'll forgive the car racing more than the concerts, because they're not building the engines for the purpose of making noise. It's an inevitable byproduct of the quest for victory. The heraldic fanfare of the temple of speed. The glorious singularity of purpose that ends with the crowning of the best of the best of the best.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Considering taking my Ktuner off because premium is nearing $4 a gallon where I live, so I can run 87 octane again.
Much gracious to the new AHOLES who run the government now.

OP
OP
saz468

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Considering taking my Ktuner off because premium is nearing $4 a gallon where I live, so I can run 87 octane again.
Much gracious to the new AHOLES who run the government now.
Yeah 93 is from 3.25 to 3.60 a gallon where I live. even though the garbage that is running the government now ( which that I will agree with you on) a lot of the hike in gas in my area has to do with the snow birds after April it should go down a little. Than again look what’s running the country

OP
OP
saz468

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So far this has been a interesting thread on members opinions on electric cars. My so called interest in electric cars is not because of environmental issues but it will help in the future it’s because of the technology has gotten better over the years.making electric vehicles go farther on a single charge and the performance. Yes I’ll still rather have a gas engine but don’t throw out electric power

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So far this has been a interesting thread on members opinions on electric cars. My so called interest in electric cars is not because of environmental issues but it will help in the future it’s because of the technology has gotten better over the years.making electric vehicles go farther on a single charge and the performance. Yes I’ll still rather have a gas engine but don’t throw out electric power
In 10 years, they won't make any all gas vehicles. And gas will be $10 a gallon.
Edit: Also by then, electric cars will be able to travel 500-700 miles per charge. Forget about driving cross country in a car. You'll have to fly on an electric jet plane.

OP
OP
saz468

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
In 10 years, they won't make any all gas vehicles. And gas will be $10 a gallon.
Edit: Also by then, electric cars will be able to travel 500-700 miles per charge. Forget about driving cross country in a car. You'll have to fly on an electric jet plane.
Ha! Don’t know about 10 years but won’t rule out the 10 bucks a gallon but I will say in 20 years ( give or take) there’ll be less auto manufacturers making gas powered cars. On the electric jet I read a long time ago where a few Russian engineers tried to build a steam powered aircraft in the 20s obviously it failed

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ha! Don’t know about 10 years but won’t rule out the 10 bucks a gallon but I will say in 20 years ( give or take) there’ll be less auto manufacturers making gas powered cars. On the electric jet I read a long time ago where a few Russian engineers tried to build a steam powered aircraft in the 20s obviously it failed
My electric jet plane comment was meant to be sarcastic, because I don't see that happening in even the next 50 years. My point was how are people going to travel for business when they have to go long distances? Won't be by car or plane, all business done over the internet? How are the going to construct buildings? Maybe everyone will just work from home?

OP
OP
saz468

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
My electric jet plane comment was meant to be sarcastic, because I don't see that happening in even the next 50 years. My point was how are people going to travel for business when they have to go long distances? Won't be by car or plane, all business done over the internet? How are the going to construct buildings? Maybe everyone will just work from home?
It seems like it’s happening now I’m sure there’s going to be less and less stores mostly or every thing will online shopping ( like now) there’ll be warehouses ( automated) and have self drive vehicles deliver to your home and people will probably work from home this seems what the powers to be wants unfortunately. Yes technology can be good and it could be bad we see this in kids( and adults) today glued to their phones their whole world revolves around their phone. I myself enjoy a nice morning drive on a twisty road going to a greesy spoon diner in my turbocharged gas powered civic with sunroof open getting a eggs in a basket,bacon and home fries and a coffee and shopping at a actual store with human cashiers :)

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It seems like it’s happening now I’m sure there’s going to be less and less stores mostly or every thing will online shopping ( like now) there’ll be warehouses ( automated) and have self drive vehicles deliver to your home and people will probably work from home this seems what the powers to be wants unfortunately. Yes technology can be good and it could be bad we see this in kids( and adults) today glued to their phones their whole world revolves around their phone. I myself enjoy a nice morning drive on a twisty road going to a greesy spoon diner in my turbocharged gas powered civic with sunroof open getting a eggs in a basket,bacon and home fries and a coffee and shopping at a actual store with human cashiers :)
Amen.
Sponsored