Opinions for a new head unit.

lightthief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Civic Touring
Country flag
What features, if any, do you lose with a system like this? It seems that climate control is covered, but what about the other settings menus?
Sponsored

Luckyarmpit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf R, 2003 Wrangler TJ
Country flag
What features, if any, do you lose with a system like this? It seems that climate control is covered, but what about the other settings menus?
Their website states you'll lose AA/ACP unless you buy a dongle. Also lose SiriusXM unless you buy an external module. According to their site it pretty much retains everything else, including climate controls, backup cameras, and steering wheel controls.

lightthief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Civic Touring
Country flag
Their website states you'll lose AA/ACP unless you buy a dongle. Also lose SiriusXM unless you buy an external module. According to their site it pretty much retains everything else, including climate controls, backup cameras, and steering wheel controls.
Seems they note that the voice control steering wheel button doesn’t work.
Can anyone with the unit installed confirm?

kruuth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Country flag
How's the radio reception on this? I have had a few android based stereos and all of them have some problem or another with reception.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Picks up stations better than my old radio and uses the stock antenna. Clearer too with the built in amp. Plus it has 18 station memory slots.

Luckyarmpit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf R, 2003 Wrangler TJ
Country flag
I've emailed them twice now with questions and haven't received a reply. Not faring too well in the customer service department.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No shit. I've been emailing them for weeks now about the dongle I ordered at the end of December. No response and it has had a shipping label for a week now without actually shipping.

simon_lefisch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I personally would've gone with the Phoenix radio since it has the option for more RAM for (hopefully) smoother operation, but that's just me. Otherwise, it looks like a decent unit.

fsucutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Red EX-L Hatchback
Country flag
No shit. I've been emailing them for weeks now about the dongle I ordered at the end of December. No response and it has had a shipping label for a week now without actually shipping.
Agreed - I've sent in multiple emails questioning whether this will work with my EX-L w/Navi hatch...sent with and without picture...No. Reply. At. All.

Crap for customer service...so far.
Sponsored