Onto the next chapter!

SperryCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Well everybody, today marks the day I traded in the Si for a Type R. Too good of a deal to pass up. Already blown away by the difference. Part of me misses my baby and all that we went through, but boy am I excited about the raw power in the CTR. Looking forward to start upgrading this bad boy soon. With that being said, I have a Hondata Flash Pro (barely used) and RV6 Catted DP (brand new, unused in box) for a 19 Si if anyone is interested lol

ps: anyone know how to change your username on this site? I can’t figure it out and my current one doesn’t fit the bill anymore lol
Sponsored

JasNeo

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si Coupe
Country flag
I can't even imagine going from an Si to a Type R. As lame as it sounds my car as it sits right now is the fastest and best handling car I've ever driven, and I can't wrap my head around the Type R still having 100 (more like 50 at this point) more horsepower. Not to mention the power gains when you mod it too. Congrats on the upgrade! Enjoy it!

OP
OP
SperryCTR

SperryCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I can't even imagine going from an Si to a Type R. As lame as it sounds my car as it sits right now is the fastest and best handling car I've ever driven, and I can't wrap my head around the Type R still having 100 (more like 50 at this point) more horsepower. Not to mention the power gains when you mod it too. Congrats on the upgrade! Enjoy it!
What’re you running?

Just a quick note, the best way to describe is it, is that’s it’s just different. The power band on the Si, especially tuned, lets you rocket from that lower middle to upper RPMS..you really feel that torque kick. But then you’re limited on the top end. The R engages smoother into the upper magnitudes of the power band so you don’t necessarily feel the flux in torque like you do in a (tuned) Si when the turbo kicks in. But the power is there and it just keeps coming until you hit that red line and next thing you know you’re at take off speeds. It’s a lot of fun I’m really excited for what I can make of it. I’m interested to see how the power band changes when I tune it.

JasNeo

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si Coupe
Country flag
What’re you running?

Just a quick note, the best way to describe is it, is that’s it’s just different. The power band on the Si, especially tuned, lets you rocket from that lower middle to upper RPMS..you really feel that torque kick. But then you’re limited on the top end. The R engages smoother into the upper magnitudes of the power band so you don’t necessarily feel the flux in torque like you do in a (tuned) Si when the turbo kicks in. But the power is there and it just keeps coming until you hit that red line and next thing you know you’re at take off speeds. It’s a lot of fun I’m really excited for what I can make of it. I’m interested to see how the power band changes when I tune it.
I'm running the Phearable Stage 1.5 with a few other complimentary mods. So those mods paired with their dyno numbers I would put myself at or around 240 to the wheel. Power goals were 300 whp but honestly where I'm at now I could sit at for a while. It's so much fun as it is. I can take my time reaching that goal and enjoy the car as is right now

OP
OP
SperryCTR

SperryCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I'm running the Phearable Stage 1.5 with a few other complimentary mods. So those mods paired with their dyno numbers I would put myself at or around 240 to the wheel. Power goals were 300 whp but honestly where I'm at now I could sit at for a while. It's so much fun as it is. I can take my time reaching that goal and enjoy the car as is right now
I was at a similar stage. Cars a lot of fun with the tune no doubt. Seems like the natural progression for ya is the turbo upgrade :)
Sponsored