Ontario check-in!

CivicNut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T (WOP), 2019 Pilot Touring (Black)
Country flag
Do any of the EX-T owners find the stock rims' directional spokes/design facing different directions (facing back on left side vs facing front on right side) annoying? I wish they were identical and not directional. :(

Honda Civic 10th gen Ontario check-in! 02-2016-honda-civic-fd-1

Honda Civic 10th gen Ontario check-in! 01-2016-honda-civic-fd-1

Last edited:

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Very annoying @CivicNut. There's a thread on here about touring wheels are backwards too. Looks proper from the driver side at least lol.

Try to overlook the white stuff that fell here this morning.. :bs:

Honda Civic 10th gen Ontario check-in! ima

CivicNut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Very annoying @CivicNut. There's a thread on here about touring wheels are backwards too. Looks proper from the driver side at least lol.
Didn't realize Touring is also the same way! I feel a little beter now LOL

Changed my winter tires on Saturday, and noticed they were inconsistent - thought to myself "oh crap, I have to take them all off again and re-install!" Then realized that's how they were and was yelling (on the inside) at the Aero designer! :mad:

CivicMichael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring (CBP)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If they designed a different set for the left and right, wouldn't this just get messed up once you get your tires rotated? I'm assuming they move the whole wheel and not just the tires when they do a rotation, don't they?

CivicNut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If they designed a different set for the left and right, wouldn't this just get messed up once you get your tires rotated? I'm assuming they move the whole wheel and not just the tires when they do a rotation, don't they?
Sorry, I should have been clear, my winters (Michelin X-Ice 3) are installed on non-directional alloys, all seasons (Firestone) installed on stock alloys. So, I changed the wheels/tires and noticed the difference. Nothing we can do about it, that's how they are - no matter which side and front/rear they are installed.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry, I should have been clear, my winters (Michelin X-Ice 3) are installed on non-directional alloys, all seasons (Firestone) installed on stock alloys. So, I changed the wheels/tires and noticed the difference. Nothing we can do about it, that's how they are - no matter which side and front/rear they are installed.
Someone said it was so the air can come in one side (passenger) and out the other (drivers) for cooling the brakes lol :bs: dumb dealers.

I wonder what Hondas actual explanation of this is. I know for a fact they used to use 2 wheel designs so this wouldn't happen.

This is what a civic would look like if the rims get mixed up, which is impossible with our "1 style rim"
These rims are exr rims off a mid 90s accord, on a 2014 civic.
Honda Civic 10th gen Ontario check-in! image

CivicNut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yup, I'd also like to hear what the Honda thought process was behind this design - other than saving money to have one alloy mould for the rims!

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
I like the areo design to be honest! Reminds me of the big creatures I keep spinning everyday :)

CRX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Civic
Country flag
Finally got my 2016 MSM Touring about 30 hours ago. Car is amazing and reminds me alot of my IS350 which I regretfully sold a couple of years back. When are we having a GTA meet up? lol

alphabetzoop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wonder if anyone has seen lunar silver civic touring in canada ? because I looked the honda website and it dosen't show the silver color for touring.
Pretty sure I saw a silver 2016 Civic (with EX rims) this morning waiting for the light on Hurontario and Matheson. I'll try and get a screen cap from my dashcam later today.

CivicMichael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring (CBP)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I saw a couple of nice Aegean Blue Civics in Mississauga this afternoon (one at the 5-Drive In). Man, I really like that colour. I love the way my CBP looks, but it's so hard to keep it looking nice. I don't know if it's just that imperfections are more noticeable with the black or if this thing is somehow a stone magnet, but I already have about 5 small chips in the hood and front bumper after only 2 months of driving. Does anyone here know of a good local place that does that clear bra treatment? I think I might want to get this done if this is how often I'm going to be getting stone chips.

Touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2013 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I saw a couple of nice Aegean Blue Civics in Mississauga this afternoon (one at the 5-Drive In). Man, I really like that colour. I love the way my CBP looks, but it's so hard to keep it looking nice. I don't know if it's just that imperfections are more noticeable with the black or if this thing is somehow a stone magnet, but I already have about 5 small chips in the hood and front bumper after only 2 months of driving. Does anyone here know of a good local place that does that clear bra treatment? I think I might want to get this done if this is how often I'm going to be getting stone chips.
I went with a clear bra on mine due to the amount of stone chips I collected on my 2013 Civic (despite having the bug deflector on it)

Im pretty happy with it so far. I do highway driving every day and the hood of the car is still spotless. There actually is one spot in the film that has a small indentation and ripple where something hit it. No damage to the paint underneath. So thats one guaranteed stone chip it saved me. The one i got only covers the front third of the hood and fenders (I also got 3M film on my headlights) but im considering going back and having the rest of the front covered. I paid for it through the dealership but they actually used the same guy that ive been going to for all my little mods in the past few years. Its called Exclusive Tinting Solutions in Orangeville. He's done the tints and installed the deck lid spoiler on my 2013 Civic and now the tints (windows and taillights) and 3M film (hood and headlights) on my Touring. His names Tim and he's a really nice guy and has always done a great job so I figured I'd plug him on here. Orangeville is probably a bit too out of the way for you but I figured I'd still give him a shoutout anyways, lol. I would definitely recommend the clear bra, though!

CivicMichael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring (CBP)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks @Touring Orangeville is a bit far but it might be a nice drive. I haven't really taken my baby out of the city yet so it might be a good excuse. ;) Thanks for sharing your experience and for the recommendation.