Ontario check-in!

CivicMichael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring (CBP)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Are your caliper covers from Honda? Im digging them. How much were they if you dont mind me asking?
Thanks @Touring These are aftermarket products from a company called MGP. I got the covers through my dealer when I purchased the car and I believe they ordered them from the MGP website in the States: http://www.calipercovers.com/eng-f-r-mgp-rd-powder-coat-finish-silver-char-23268 The set sells for about $230 USD which is a lot for what you get, to be honest. Luckily I was able to remove the security "etching" fee in place of these caliper covers when I bought my car so it only cost me about $30 extra, including installation, and that's the way I prefer to look at it. ;) There is also a seller on Amazon selling them for $200 USD with $9 shipping which seems to be the best deal: http://www.amazon.com/Honda-Caliper...1459712724&sr=8-127&keywords=honda+civic+2016 They come in various colours and you can get different logos as well (I was supposed to get the ones with "HONDA" on the front covers and the "H" logo on the back but mine have HONDA on both sets).
Sponsored

touring420

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 WOP Touring.. 2003 Civic DX (for sale btw)
Country flag
Picked up my WOP touring yesterday:thumbsup:. With only 400 kms on it from my tour today,I will say I enjoy driving again LOL!!

Touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2013 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks @Touring These are aftermarket products from a company called MGP. I got the covers through my dealer when I purchased the car and I believe they ordered them from the MGP website in the States: http://www.calipercovers.com/eng-f-r-mgp-rd-powder-coat-finish-silver-char-23268 The set sells for about $230 USD which is a lot for what you get, to be honest. Luckily I was able to remove the security "etching" fee in place of these caliper covers when I bought my car so it only cost me about $30 extra, including installation, and that's the way I prefer to look at it. ;) There is also a seller on Amazon selling them for $200 USD with $9 shipping which seems to be the best deal: http://www.amazon.com/Honda-Caliper...1459712724&sr=8-127&keywords=honda+civic+2016 They come in various colours and you can get different logos as well (I was supposed to get the ones with "HONDA" on the front covers and the "H" logo on the back but mine have HONDA on both sets).
Thanks for the info, man. You're right, theyre a lot more than i was expecting them to be lol. Not sure i can fit them into my car budget at the moment! This week I'm getting the reverse/blinker portions of my taillights tinted and having 3M put on my headlights. Then I want to get the window visors from my dealership. Might have to add the caliper covers to my christmas list! lol

CivicMichael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring (CBP)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the info, man. You're right, theyre a lot more than i was expecting them to be lol. Not sure i can fit them into my car budget at the moment! This week I'm getting the reverse/blinker portions of my taillights tinted and having 3M put on my headlights. Then I want to get the window visors from my dealership. Might have to add the caliper covers to my christmas list! lol
No problem. A cheaper option that still looks nice is to simply paint the calipers with your colour of choice. Only costs a few bucks if you do it yourself, but you'll have to remove the wheels and take some time to thoroughly clean and tape off the calipers.

msalama91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 WOP Touring
Anyone around the GTA looking for a great deal, talk to Wael Hena (647-898-8375) at Castle Honda in Mississauga. Just tell him Mathew referred you and I'm sure he'll get you the deal you're looking for.

He's a very honest/straightforward guy and willing to help.

Touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How about this snow? Lol. Ive had my Touring locked away in the garage the past 2 days because I put off buying a set of snow tires until this fall. Didnt think id need them. Procrastinating about taking the snow tires off my 2013 EX paid off lol, its what ive been using this week.

OP
OP
CdnColin

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2O16 Civic Touring 'WOP', 2016 HRV EXL w/nav. 'Milano Red'
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm the opposite! Took my winters off on Friday then got caught in the snow. Wasn't too bad as I'm a low miler. Had my wifes HRV booked to have the winters taken off today but we've postponed for a few weeks.

CivicMichael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring (CBP)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was pleasantly surprised at how well my Touring handled this snow this morning. I just have the stock Firestones on. It handles way better in the snow than my 2006 Civic - could be partly because I had cheap tires installed on my ageing Civic or the fact that it had the lowered skirt package, but my Touring seemed to barrel through the deep snow much easier - there were small snow banks in the middle of some intersections that were a good 10+ cm and it cut through them like they were nothing. Also, the traction control really makes a huge difference when accelerating from a stop. My biggest concern was how dirty my car was getting in this messy weather. ;)

Touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good to hear the stock Firestones handle well in snow. I didnt even attempt to go out in it based on my experience with the stock tires (think theyre Hankooks) on my 2013 Civic. I had bought it in January a few years ago after a snowfall, and just getting it home was a bit scary lol. Kind of ruined the whole experience of driving home in a new car.

CivicNut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T (WOP), 2019 Pilot Touring (Black)
Country flag
Did you guys get the CVT Surging issue fixed? I've put in a call to my service adviser, and from his preliminary check he mentioned the TSB was for US and they're still waiting for the Canadian one. :hmm:

CivicMichael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring (CBP)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I need to take mine in tomorrow for a few small issues not related to the CVT (I haven't noticed the surging problem) but my dealer said that there was no update necessary for my car but I don't have 100% confidence in their ability to keep up with stuff.

bluerocket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subie wrx
Hello fellow Ontarians..about to make the plunge on a civic touring. Just wanted to know where u guys are getting mods/parts from locally? Don't want to go thru amazon or ebay..or us based sites due to duties and bad exchange rates..

1. Change out stock fog light bulbs to led ons...(brand n costs?)

2. Change out interior bulbs..license plate bulbs to led...(brands..costs)

Thanks in advance..

CivicMichael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring (CBP)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey @bluerocket, welcome to the forum. I believe the license plate bulbs are already LED - at least they are on the higher trim levels - but most kits do include license plate bulbs anyway. I haven't seen any tutorials on how to change the license plate bulbs - hopefully it's not too difficult.

I haven't been able to find any good LED bulbs or kits locally, unfortunately.

Luckily, the exchange rate is a bit better lately and I don't think I got charged any duty for the kits I ordered from the States. I'm going to try the LED fog light bulbs from exLED ($53 USD) and will be writing up a review of those when they come in. I already have their interior light kit ($70 USD) and although it's a bit pricey compared to the rest, I think it's far and away the best option for the interior lights (which are super easy to replace, BTW...there is a good tutorial on the forum on how to change these out). Here's a link: http://www.exledusa.com/exled-honda...-license-plate-custom-interior-light-kit.html They're SUPER bright but have an adjustment dial to tune them to your liking. The trunk light isn't adjustable but it's WAY brighter than the stock bulb. But the best part is the quality of the light - I got the 5000K version and the colour is almost perfectly neutral like daylight with no artificial colour casts (I'm a photographer so I'm really picky about lighting). There is also a somewhat similar kit by iJDMToy and it's a fair bit cheaper but it doesn't allow you to adjust the brightness and I'm not sure how the light quality compares.

Or, if you're in the Milton/Mississauga area, I could sell you my Ameritree LED kit I bought from Amazon for cheap since I replaced this with my new exLED kit. ;) https://www.amazon.ca/Ameritree-Lig...sr=8-1&keywords=ameritree+led+kit+honda+civic They're quite blue and not as bright as the exLED kit, but they give the car a more modern look over the orange stock bulbs (and they're more energy-efficient). I'd sell it for $20 if you're interested. I also have some 5000K reverse LEDs if you want.

bluerocket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subie wrx
CivicMichael,

Thanks for all the info! Can't wait to do all the mods..I will start off with small mods (led interior lights..led fog lights)..later on will be the exhaust etc. I really like the injen exhaust..sounds really good..gotta find a local place to buy it from..
Can't wait... :)

CivicNut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T (WOP), 2019 Pilot Touring (Black)
Country flag
I need to take mine in tomorrow for a few small issues not related to the CVT (I haven't noticed the surging problem) but my dealer said that there was no update necessary for my car but I don't have 100% confidence in their ability to keep up with stuff.
Our southern neighbours have a TSB for the turbo surge but we don't have it yet here... The surge happens around 2000 RPM, the surge is minimal around 100-200 RPM but annoying and I can feel it when driving over 70 KMPH.
Sponsored