Ontario check-in!

TDOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 WOP Touring Sedan
Completely ripping off the Canadian customers.
I wouldn't really call it ripping off... if you take a look at the "What did you pay?" post a lot of our American neighbours are paying ~27k for the Touring... which at today's exchange rate would be a rip off for us :thumbsup:

OP
OP
CdnColin

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2O16 Civic Touring 'WOP', 2016 HRV EXL w/nav. 'Milano Red'
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Cdn$32,500 is US$23,500. For a Touring out the door with factory extended warrenty.

OP
OP
CdnColin

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2O16 Civic Touring 'WOP', 2016 HRV EXL w/nav. 'Milano Red'
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
More like US$4,000 seeing a Touring stateside is running about US$27,000 OTD. This senario was reversed about 7 years ago so we shouldn't be too cheeky.

CivicNut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T (WOP), 2019 Pilot Touring (Black)
Country flag
Just came back from the dealer, went for a test drive, and was smiling all along... came back to the dealership, put my negotiation hat on... After 20 mins, signed the dotted line for Modern Steel Metallic EX-T :thumbsup:

The negotiations weren't bad at all, as I was prepared on what I wanted... targeting ~1,200 discounts...

Paid MSRP but got ~$1,600 worth of throw-ins (5yr/100k extended warranty, mats, trunk tray, splash guards, wheel locks, alloys for winter tires)

Expecting to pick it up on Saturday or earlier.

Can't wait!!!

Ultrafrozen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gavnzdad
Just came back from the dealer, went for a test drive, and was smiling all along... came back to the dealership, put my negotiation hat on... After 20 mins, signed the dotted line for Modern Steel Metallic EX-T :thumbsup:

The negotiations weren't bad at all, as I was prepared on what I wanted... targeting ~1,200 discounts...

Paid MSRP but got ~$1,600 worth of throw-ins (5yr/100k extended warranty, mats, trunk tray, splash guards, wheel locks, alloys for winter tires)

Can't wait!!!
Good work, I'd love to live in the GTA to get deals like this.

sunny786

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Honda CRV

Can't wait!!!
Congrats for your good deal on desired vehicle.
Seems like more than $1600 to me! What type of alloys you have got?

mechatune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.slow
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
^ Damn that is a steal. I only got $1,000 bucks off. And I prefer those alloys over the stock EX-T which look like soviet-era electric fans.

CivicNut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
^ Damn that is a steal. I only got $1,000 bucks off. And I prefer those alloys over the stock EX-T which look like soviet-era electric fans.
Yup, didn't expect I would get that deal... was prepared for $1,000 off...

Good one! Like the reference to the soviet-era electric fans!

CivicNut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Any suggestions on getting paint protection vs yearly detailing?

As for the window tinting, I am going to wait for Spring to get it done... I have to do some more research on the "legal" limits of tinting as I've been reading the Police in GTA have been cracking down on darker window tints. However, there is no mention of legal limits for tinting so want to be prudent and not waste hard-earned money on unnecessary tickets!

Ultrafrozen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gavnzdad
Any suggestions on getting paint protection vs yearly detailing?

As for the window tinting, I am going to wait for Spring to get it done... I have to do some more research on the "legal" limits of tinting as I've been reading the Police in GTA have been cracking down on darker window tints. However, there is no mention of legal limits for tinting so want to be prudent and not waste hard-earned money on unnecessary tickets!
When I spoke with my installer he said there is no specified amount of tint allowed in Ontario apart from no tint on the windshield. It's all up to the officer I'm told. The front side windows would be the ones to worry about as the driver can't have an obstructed view. If you want dark and don't mind different shades then do the rear darker, say 20% and do the fronts 35%. If you want to push it, go 5% (limo) rear and 20% front. I personally like to keep it all the same shade and my night vision keeps getting worse as I near 50 so I'm going 35% all around. Here's a good video comparing shades:

Last edited: