Ontario check-in!

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Yes they do lol, they are respectful up here too, no bird poopie stains yet! :bow:
Sponsored

CivicMichael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring (CBP)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@NorthernEX-T I'm really digging the aero kit. I might treat myself to that later this year if business is doing well. Did you ask if it's possible to get the Turbo sticker applied to the side underbody spoilers? I like the look of those spoilers but I would want to keep the little Turbo decals on there.

I had the moonroof visor accessory on my 2006 Civic EX but I opted to not include it on my Touring since it made it difficult to keep the moonroof clean as there was always dirty spots under the visor that I could never reach. I haven't tried driving with the moonroof open yet, so I guess I'll have to see how noisy it is compared to my 2006 with the visor. I can't wait for summer so I can keep my baby clean and cruise around with the top open. :)

CivicNut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T (WOP), 2019 Pilot Touring (Black)
Country flag
I haven't tried driving with the moonroof open yet, so I guess I'll have to see how noisy it is compared to my 2006 with the visor.
I had a chance to drive it with the moonroof in both tilt position and fully open, and I am very happy with low wind noise compared to my '09 Civic EXL Coupe. Can't wait for the "real" spring!

CivicMichael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring (CBP)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's great to hear, @CivicNut! Even with the glass closed but sunshade open, I'm liking it better without the visor since it lets in a lot more light. One good thing about the visor, however, was that it made the car easier to find in the parking lot since it was visible above the other cars and very few cars have these on the roof.

CivicNut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T (WOP), 2019 Pilot Touring (Black)
Country flag
True... on our way back from the mall, my wife couldn't get into the car and later realized it wasn't ours ;) a good laugh followed!

CivicMichael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring (CBP)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
True... on our way back from the mall, my wife couldn't get into the car and later realized it wasn't ours ;) a good laugh followed!
Ha ha, I guess that's going to happen more often if these things keep selling as well as they are. I just wish I could have added the rear wing spoiler like I had in my 2006 - it was another distinguishing feature that made it easy to find. Crap, now that I think about it, the dealership originally said they were getting my car from another dealer but then changed it to an order from the factory. I wonder if I COULD have ordered the wing spoiler for my Touring if it was a custom factory order. :( Oh well, too late now, I guess.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
I loooooove my visors! Open the window a few inches and you hardly hear wind noise, especially on a calm day, same goes for the moonroof visor, super quiet!

My dealer is ordering me new turbo stickers when I take my car in for first service I'll get them, getting the rear bumper appliqué too which I reccomend as well, keeps the scratches down and has a cool little Honda logo in it ;)

CivicMichael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring (CBP)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@NorthernEX-T Cool, I never thought about how the door visors would cut down on wind noise too with the windows open slightly. That's a nice bonus.

It's good to know that you can get those Turbo stickers separately from the dealer. Are they charging you anything for those? I'd hope they'd throw those in if you're spending $1600 on the aero kit.

I'm looking forward to taking my car in on Monday morning. Getting the windows tinted, red brake calliper covers installed and adding the blue interior footwell lighting as well. I also have some white LED interior bulbs and black metal license plate covers coming in from Amazon soon. I've never been much for modding cars, but I'm having so much fun with this thing and can't wait to get some pictures when it's all finished! :)

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
@NorthernEX-T Cool, I never thought about how the door visors would cut down on wind noise too with the windows open slightly. That's a nice bonus.

It's good to know that you can get those Turbo stickers separately from the dealer. Are they charging you anything for those? I'd hope they'd throw those in if you're spending $1600 on the aero kit.

I'm looking forward to taking my car in on Monday morning. Getting the windows tinted, red brake calliper covers installed and adding the blue interior footwell lighting as well. I also have some white LED interior bulbs and black metal license plate covers coming in from Amazon soon. I've never been much for modding cars, but I'm having so much fun with this thing and can't wait to get some pictures when it's all finished! :)
Love it! Yeah they sure are giving them to me for free, because ya $1600 was enough lol.

thepixelsedge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Hello fellow Ontarians... I take delivery of a modern steel metallic EX-T on Wednesday and the wait is KILLING ME!!!

I'm located in Newmarket and have only seen 2 other 2016 civics on the road so far... Neither of them with turbo badges... Maybe I'm one of the first?

CivicMichael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring (CBP)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm located in Newmarket and have only seen 2 other 2016 civics on the road so far... Neither of them with turbo badges... Maybe I'm one of the first?
I've seen quite a few '16 Civics around here in Milton and Mississauga - seems like a lot more in the last few days - but I think I've only seen one turbo and no other Tourings on the road yet. Haven't seen any Aegean blues yet either but it looks like the dealerships just started getting those in the last couple of weeks. Good luck with your delivery. Mine was supposed to come in within 1-1.5 weeks but when that deadline was missed, I had to call them and they said it would be another 2 more weeks for delivery. Man, that was a tough wait! Hopefully your dealer will be more on the ball and communicative than mine.

thepixelsedge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
I've seen quite a few '16 Civics around here in Milton and Mississauga - seems like a lot more in the last few days - but I think I've only seen one turbo and no other Tourings on the road yet. Haven't seen any Aegean blues yet either but it looks like the dealerships just started getting those in the last couple of weeks. Good luck with your delivery. Mine was supposed to come in within 1-1.5 weeks but when that deadline was missed, I had to call them and they said it would be another 2 more weeks for delivery. Man, that was a tough wait! Hopefully your dealer will be more on the ball and communicative than mine.
Better not be any delays... He just called me and setup an appointment for pickup at 3pm Wednesday... Gave me a vin finally so I can get insurance... I think it's on time!!!

CivicMichael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring (CBP)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Better not be any delays... He just called me and setup an appointment for pickup at 3pm Wednesday... Gave me a vin finally so I can get insurance... I think it's on time!!!
Good to hear. Have fun on Wednesday. You're going to love your new car! :)

thepixelsedge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Good to hear. Have fun on Wednesday. You're going to love your new car! :)
Gotta say, I'm impressed with this dealer... First one I've seen that isn't a total douche... They actually called me a couple hours ago and said that my car is ready and I can pick it up tonight if I prefer so I'll be driving home my new wheels at 630 tonight!