Online Pre-approval through Honda Financial

Kokobeans

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Has anyone done online pre-approval through Honda Financial? They don't have a phone number that you can call unless you already have an account with them. My hope is that if I get pre approved, I can walk into any Honda Dealership, and they don't need to run my credit a second time, since I've already been pre-approved for a certain financing rate.

My fear is that I go with a certain dealership, they run my credit, and then somehow the numbers don't quite add up, if I have to go to another dealership and they will have to run my credit again to get approved for a loan.

I've been calling around, and dealerships have all been telling me to just go through the whole process with them and their banks.

If I'm completely misunderstanding how this works, please let me know. First time car buyer here.
Sponsored

Cyoda

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2019 Tundra CrewMax
Country flag
If you know your credit score they can pretty much tell you what rates are available. Dealers use different banks & credit unions. The best course of action is check the going rates at local banks then see if the dealer can beat the rate.

himecraig

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Mercedes 320slk 08 Ford Ranger fx4 17 Acura RDX adv 17 Honda Civic Hatch ex-l ns
Country flag
Yes I did.
Getting a loan from Honda financial at your dealer should be easy if your numbers add up.
I wanted to get in on the special 5yrs @ 0.9% offer from Honda financial when I bought my civic and likewise I thought my numbers were close...
I registered on the Honda financial site and then paid a fee to experian to view my credit score and found I was approved for that current Honda promotion.

When I got to the finance guy to close the deal he noticed I had registered with Honda and proceeded to ask how much I wanted to finance because at that rate it’s free money for 5yrs.