online credit apps to multiple dealers?

MickeyDubs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Golf R
Hello,

I'm trying to get the best car deal possible from start to finish. This includes a trade in, financing, and the OTD pricing of the car.

I have outstanding credit (780) with established credit history, low debt/monthly payments vs income, and 2 years in my current work position.

Many dealers are asking me to fill out a credit application online to give me set numbers. Should I have any worries about allowing many dealers to run my credit?

Full disclosure, I'm not looking to buy a civic, and there are rare (if any) financing offers available for the car I'm looking at.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Ripper3785

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 WOP EX-L Sedan CVT
Country flag
Hello,

I'm trying to get the best car deal possible from start to finish. This includes a trade in, financing, and the OTD pricing of the car.

I have outstanding credit (780) with established credit history, low debt/monthly payments vs income, and 2 years in my current work position.

Many dealers are asking me to fill out a credit application online to give me set numbers. Should I have any worries about allowing many dealers to run my credit?

Full disclosure, I'm not looking to buy a civic, and there are rare (if any) financing offers available for the car I'm looking at.

Thanks!
Since there aren't factory financing offers for the car you're looking at, could you just secure financing outside of the dealers and then inform of such or tell them you're paying cash? Or would they think that's a bluff and just not give you set numbers?

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My main advice would be to establish your OTD price, trade in, then financing. In that order. If the dealership is more concerned with "what you what your payment to be" than the actual price of the car they are barking up the wrong tree.

Back to your question, there is a grace period of sorts that allows you to have multiple auto loan credit pulls within a specified period of time and it only count against you as one pull. I think it's a 2-3 week period but don't quote me on that.
Sponsored