One Week Old Civic EX-L: Rear Ended

demichae

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L Sedan
Stopped at a stop light, lady in SUV slams into back. Not happy. At least she was insured.

Honda Civic 10th gen One Week Old Civic EX-L: Rear Ended IMG_6930.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen One Week Old Civic EX-L: Rear Ended IMG_6929.JPG

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
It looks like she must have hit you at some speed.

The car is one thing, but make sure you get proper care. Your neck will be sore after a few days, at the very least.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
What does that mean? Sorry noob question
The insurance company will only pay back on the appraised value of the vehicle. You eat taxes and destination, title fees, probably take a 1500 hit right away on depreciation driving off the lot. The insurance company will pay you that amount and since the car was a week old, OP will want MSRP as a settlement pretty much. DV claim sues for that difference.

jeffshonda06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 HONDA CIVIC LX
Vehicle Showcase
The insurance company will only pay back on the appraised value of the vehicle. You eat taxes and destination, title fees, probably take a 1500 hit right away on depreciation driving off the lot. The insurance company will pay you that amount and since the car was a week old, OP will want MSRP as a settlement pretty much. DV claim sues for that difference.

Last edited:

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Thats insane. How did you find this out?
It's sorta common knowledge?... I mean, your insurance company only pays you $10,000 for you 2012 Civic if you total it now in 2016. You wouldn't claim DV on that now because you've used the car for 5 years but if I had a 2016 that was a week old, I don't want some bitch ass lady to rear end me and have me eat $3000 in value right there on the spot.

On a side note, I hate it when I go on Craigslist or on Kijiji and see people selling their 2016 Civic Touring for whatever reason for $30,000. Like, the car retails for $27k. You as the original owner must take a bath on GST, Freight/PDI, Gov't Fees, and you take another $1500 off the selling MSRP, then you can sell me the car 'used'. You technically can't pass on those fees to the second owner.

Farcry1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
That's on a total no? To me this is not a total. He would only pay his deductible for collision (possibly getting that deductible back from her). To me this looks like a $3000 job maybe more
Sponsored