On the fence on what to upgrade next...vote to help a brother out ;)

Performance vs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
If you're looking at performance as your top priority, the Swift spring kit may be a better choice than the Eibach Pro-Kit.

After I got a K-tuner with TSP Stage 1 it became obvious I needed to improve the handling to take advantage of the extra power when driving twisty roads.

You have to maintain balance otherwise it becomes less fun to drive.

OP
OP
theslowest1

theslowest1

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
If you're looking at performance as your top priority, the Swift spring kit may be a better choice than the Eibach Pro-Kit.

After I got a K-tuner with TSP Stage 1 it became obvious I needed to improve the handling to take advantage of the extra power when driving twisty roads.

You have to maintain balance otherwise it becomes less fun to drive.
Lmao yeah I want performance, I recently got new rims so more weight reduction along with exhaust mods. I don't know if I should lower the car (albeit I can only go less than an inch) or if I should just go all out and dp/fp and tune it now for the summer.

Why is swift better than Eibach? Do you have a link to the ones you're referring to?

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
Lmao yeah I want performance, I recently got new rims so more weight reduction along with exhaust mods. I don't know if I should lower the car (albeit I can only go less than an inch) or if I should just go all out and dp/fp and tune it now for the summer.

Why is swift better than Eibach? Do you have a link to the ones you're referring to?
Swift offers higher, linear spring rates than the Eibach Pro-Kit (I'm fairly certain they are the highest springrates available in a spring kit for the non-TypeR Civics). They maintain the front-rear springrate bias the factory Si springs have. Also Swift is a really big name in performance springs. They're got a great reputation for incredible quality and performance. I've found various spring dynos of swift springs and they're always a perfectly flat line.

https://www.maperformance.com/products/swift-spec-r-sport-springs-2017-2019-honda-civic-si-4h918r

A few of us have noticed improvements in ride quality with them over the OEM springs. Not as bouncy. Bumps I used to cringe over are very smooth and much easier to driveover. Particularly railroad tracks.

Plus the performance is awesome.

After mine have settled in for a few months, the front was lowered a little less than 1" and the rear was lowered almost exactly 1".

I have the Eibach 29mm front sway bar, progress 22.2mm rear swar bar, the swift springs, and I've dialed in my camber to -0.9F/-1.7R and it's about as neutral as you could ask for, especially when you pound the throttle mid-corner with TSP Stage 1.

Last edited: