On a typical drive...where do you?

biosses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
On a typical drive, where do you keep your RPM on your hatch? i'm always at 1500-2200rpm, 2500rpm max at times.
Sponsored

xcoreflyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport (Traded in), 2022 BIG PRIUS
Country flag
On my way to work, under 2K rpm before fully warm up. After that, it will be between idle to under 5k. Sometime i will exceed that under certain situation. On my way home and everything else, I keep it under 3.5k with econ mode on 24/7.

OP
OP

biosses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
On my way to work, under 2K rpm before fully warm up. After that, it will be between idle to under 5k. Sometime i will exceed that under certain situation. On my way home and everything else, I keep it under 3.5k with econ mode on 24/7.

What do you do that you need all the way up to 5k? I pulled on a freeway at 3k rpm max when I really need to get away, probably did that once or twice.

xcoreflyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport (Traded in), 2022 BIG PRIUS
Country flag
What do you do that you need all the way up to 5k? I pulled on a freeway at 3k rpm max when I really need to get away, probably did that once or twice.
I hate slow drivers and half awaken parents. It frustrates me when the green light is counting down and the driver in front of me wastes it by keep it at 31.99mph

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
My commute to work is 20 miles the last 15 miles is all highway ( the parking lot of my place of employment is off the highway) the speed limit is 65 I usually do 70 my RPMs is around 2500 and I get about 35 mpg ( it would probably be better if my foot wasn’t heavy) this is the best fuel mileage I ever got out of a car other than my Jetta TDI

OP
OP

biosses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
My commute to work is 20 miles the last 15 miles is all highway ( the parking lot of my place of employment is off the highway) the speed limit is 65 I usually do 70 my RPMs is around 2500 and I get about 35 mpg ( it would probably be better if my foot wasn’t heavy) this is the best fuel mileage I ever got out of a car other than my Jetta TDI

i'm about 25 miles from home to downtown by freeway, going 65mph at 2.2k rpm. i'm getting 37.5mpg rn.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
i'm about 25 miles from home to downtown by freeway, going 65mph at 2.2k rpm. i'm getting 37.5mpg rn.
The first 5 miles of my commute is stop and go and it a heavy snow bird area ( a lot of traffic)
That first 5 miles I keep my car in sport mode and as I said before my foots a little heavy :)

OP
OP

biosses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
The first 5 miles of my commute is stop and go and it a heavy snow bird area ( a lot of traffic)
That first 5 miles I keep my car in sport mode and as I said before my foots a little heavy :)

i don't use sport or L mode, my econ mode always on. it takes 3-5 mins for the engine to warm up, easy to tell the difference after warming up. i trying to take care of my car, wash and wax, oil change, OEM oil filter. i'm 2k miles away from a CVT fluid change.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
i don't use sport or L mode, my econ mode always on. it takes 3-5 mins for the engine to warm up, easy to tell the difference after warming up. i trying to take care of my car, wash and wax, oil change, OEM oil filter. i'm 2k miles away from a CVT fluid change.
Try it out of Econ for a while. Better throttle response and honestly, essentially the same gas mileage.

I mostly just commute and leave it in D. Mostly around 70 mph. I do the occasional fun pass (tuned) that briefly (and quickly) gets me to triple digits in a flash.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If you see how a lot of these people drive in the little town I pass through you’ll understand why I use sport mode:banghead: yes my car is very well maintained and a OEM oil filter is the best IMO How many miles is on the cvt fluid? I had mine changed at 20,000 miles like I’ve done on previous cars

OP
OP

biosses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
If you see how a lot of these people drive in the little town I pass through you’ll understand why I use sport mode:banghead: yes my car is very well maintained and a OEM oil filter is the best IMO How many miles is on the cvt fluid? I had mine changed at 20,000 miles like I’ve done on previous cars

From what i read, and i think also in the Honda service recommendations, CVT fluid should be changed at 30K.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
From what i read, and i think also in the Honda service recommendations, CVT fluid should be changed at 30K.
True but I also have my oil change at 5k which is 30% Honda recommends 15% I have the brake fluid change once a year and coolant once a year. even every 5k is a stretch for me. every previous car I’ve owned was always at 3k and that’s using synthetic oil ( mobile one) it a piece of mind thing

OP
OP

biosses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
True but I also have my oil change at 5k which is 30% Honda recommends 15% I have the brake fluid change once a year and coolant once a year. even every 5k is a stretch for me. every previous car I’ve owned was always at 3k and that’s using synthetic oil ( mobile one) it a piece of mind thing

do you take to the shop or dyi?

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
do you take to the shop or dyi?
The oil change myself every thing else the dealership were I live I don’t have the facility to do big jobs other than a oil change even that at Times I’ll have the dealership do it when I lived in NY I had a big garage so i did everything myself or my older brother ( now a retired mechanic,) would help
Sponsored