OMG tuned Cvt vs Type R vs Volester N surprised results.

OP
OP
Sal

Sal

First Name
Sally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Country flag
For some reason when I put the car in S gear the rpm took forever to kick down, main reason why I lost the roll race, should have left it in D, plus it was very hot that day, I was legitimately scared for the tranny when I saw ect was at 98c, I wish we had done more roll runs but times was up for us to use the track, nonetheless I'm very impressed, huge thanks to everyone who helped me with this build, @phearable @27won @PRL Motorsports etc ???? I wish honda had a launch system like Toyota, cause man my car is slow asf when I floor it from a dig
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sal

Sal

First Name
Sally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Country flag
If you are flooring the car, comfort, sportif my, and R all unlock the full power
Not really, my car is much faster in D than in S gear, noticed the roll race I was in S and omg I floor the car and it took forever for the rmp to go up

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not really, my car is much faster in D than in S gear, noticed the roll race I was in S and omg I floor the car and it took forever for the rmp to go up
With the bigger turbo, your gonna be a little slower off the line. Plus, from a dig, it's better not to just mash it. You need to gradually for about .5 seconds, hit the gas, then mash it.

OP
OP
Sal

Sal

First Name
Sally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Country flag
With the bigger turbo, your gonna be a little slower off the line. Plus, from a dig, it's better not to just mash it. You need to gradually for about .5 seconds, hit the gas, then mash it.
Really? Does gradually Mashing it makes the rmp goes up faster?

Shred

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nice job. I don't think the +R/Sport/Comfort modes were what caused the Type R to pull harder as time went on, as WOT is the same between all three modes. If you watch the first race, you only hear the the shift beep come on when he's shifting from 3rd to 4th. Obviously don't have cabin footage from later on to compare but it seems like he holds his gears a bit longer in the later races.

GermanCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That the CVT "launches" so slow makes it even more impressive.

wish honda had a launch system like Toyota, cause man my car is slow asf when I floor it from a dig
What Toyota Model with a CVT has a launch system?

Is there also footage from inside the car, dashcam or something?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
He's talking about the CVT setup of latest gen Corolla.
The new powertrain unit features the world’s first launch gear in a passenger vehicle CVT, which facilitates improved transmission efficiency in lower gear ratios where belt efficiency is poor. The transmission system utilizes gear drive when starting from a full stop, resulting in powerful acceleration while at the same time resolving the momentary sluggish feeling that was previously present during accelerator operation. Both smooth and comfortable launch performance are realized. When switching from gear drive to belt drive, the transmission system uses highly responsive gear change control technologies cultivated from AT technology.

OP
OP
Sal

Sal

First Name
Sally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Country flag
That the CVT "launches" so slow makes it even more impressive.

What Toyota Model with a CVT has a launch system?

Is there also footage from inside the car, dashcam or something?
What gtman said

GermanCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is there dashcam footage from inside the car, I would love to see and hear it.

SmokeGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type r
Country flag
very nice! i imagine cvt just stays in boost since it doesnt have to shift like a manual and have to build it back up.
impressive to see kinda like the 10 speed accord sport 2.0t. thats a real sleeper.

OP
OP
Sal

Sal

First Name
Sally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Country flag
very nice! i imagine cvt just stays in boost since it doesnt have to shift like a manual and have to build it back up.
impressive to see kinda like the 10 speed accord sport 2.0t. thats a real sleeper.
Sometimes it do the fake shift and drop boost, it can be very bad Sometimes, for example in S gear a floor the car from rolling race and the rpm took forever to kick down and on top of that when the rpm finally went up it did the fake shift, but nonetheless impressive