OMG I pick one up tomorrow :-X

Deleted member 31314

I have ben to a lot of meets and never seen a car slide into another...I have seen a lamb catch fire and a truck with nitrous blow it's motor at a stand still lol
Sponsored

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good news car is thrown drink proof? Bad news - random trucks in Houston texas HATE this car. Like I think their origin story, as they relay it to others, is a Type R went back in time and kicked their mother in the face, now whenever they see one - IT'S WAR.

Driving down the highway with wife, chilling, putting some miles on to get to breakin and this truck just decides to start riding my tail HARD. So I have nowhere really to go so I just give some more space up front and am like WTF. Until I come up to an exit I can use to leave the situation this assclown is trying to race up beside / get in front of me etc.. Traffic was so heavy it was worthless but I guess that made him even more mad? So I get over and start to exit and maniac flys up on my side in the median (the turn was exiting and had already started splitting) and throws a drink at the side of my car. lol

Good news is the thrown beverage just resulted in a few less sugar drops for Jethro. Car is unscathed.

Parking the car for the night maybe it's a full moon or something lol.
Should have tried to get the plate number and had your wife record it. I would have been pissed off if someone throws shit at my car.
Too bad the R doesn't have a sunroof, you could used the penny trick.

hpbyhermann

First Name
Hermann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Championship white Type R #25133, 09' Civic SI sedan, black 2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca, 1993 Mustang Cobra, 2004 Mustang Cobra
Country flag
I always worry about going to one of those as that's the prime location for Mustang's to be in their natural state of being - Sideways hopping curbs and running into parked cars while the driver looks completely mystified how this could have happened. Again.

lol
It's not the car's fault....it's the idiot with no skill buying their first big power RWD car and trying to be a hero....it's not brand specific thing......more like a no skills thing. Plenty of us here have a variety of car brands.....I'm a performance car enthusiast...best to be appreciative of all types of performance cars!:bow:

OP
OP
NapalmEnema

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
It's not the car's fault....it's the idiot with no skill buying their first big power RWD car and trying to be a hero....it's not brand specific thing......more like a no skills thing. Plenty of us here have a variety of car brands.....I'm a performance car enthusiast...best to be appreciative of all types of performance cars!:bow:
I love all performance cars, and have a LONG history of Mustangs - no hate - but it's about a running joke at this point of seeing Mustangs fishtail out of car meets and causing mayhem lol. Definitely the most prone to that scenario that I've seen. Also from having them for a long time, they did / sometimes depending on suspension setup, still do, have that death fishtail effect if you come out of a corner hard and aren't used to doing it / do it enough to be ready for it.

Definitely a skill thing, but funny to mock once it becomes pretty common lol.

hpbyhermann

First Name
Hermann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Championship white Type R #25133, 09' Civic SI sedan, black 2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca, 1993 Mustang Cobra, 2004 Mustang Cobra
Country flag
I love all performance cars, and have a LONG history of Mustangs - no hate - but it's about a running joke at this point of seeing Mustangs fishtail out of car meets and causing mayhem lol. Definitely the most prone to that scenario that I've seen. Also from having them for a long time, they did / sometimes depending on suspension setup, still do, have that death fishtail effect if you come out of a corner hard and aren't used to doing it / do it enough to be ready for it.

Definitely a skill thing, but funny to mock once it becomes pretty common lol.
It's all good!:thumbsup: I have owned and operated a Mustang specific shop since 1993 so that is my bread and butter. The condition exists because Mustangs are probably the most inexpensive (depending on what year/model you purchase) high performance rear wheel drive car that is easily available. Because of that many inexperienced drivers buy them and get the results that are well documented on the web.:lol: I'm used to driving them (many are 4 digit power) so like anything else there is a learning curve. But it is "entertaining" to watch some of these knuckle heads in action!!:doh: http://www.mustangandfords.com/featured-vehicles/22299-1989-mustang-lx-hermann-stolzenberg
Sponsored