OP
NapalmEnema

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Kudos for taking the high road. Too much road rage on the road lately. Any plan on getting PPF?
I don't know what PPF is?
Sponsored

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP
NapalmEnema

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Paint protection film. A clear film usually put on the front half and rear bumper to prevent rock chips.
Ah ok - no I'm not planning on that route - have had too many cars I just gave up trying to keep paint perfect a while ago lol it was making me neurotic

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ah ok - no I'm not planning on that route - have had too many cars I just gave up trying to keep paint perfect a while ago lol it was making me neurotic
:thumbsup: Ditto. Just drive and enjoy and keep it simple. Best practice for multi-car ownership.

OneSickFK8

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PMM FK8
Country flag
Absolutely. I have 3700 miles and a few chips. I just touch them up as I go. I'll repaint the bumper when the car is 5+ years old.

Tim818

King Of The ā€˜Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
Good news car is thrown drink proof? Bad news - random trucks in Houston texas HATE this car. Like I think their origin story, as they relay it to others, is a Type R went back in time and kicked their mother in the face, now whenever they see one - IT'S WAR.

Driving down the highway with wife, chilling, putting some miles on to get to breakin and this truck just decides to start riding my tail HARD. So I have nowhere really to go so I just give some more space up front and am like WTF. Until I come up to an exit I can use to leave the situation this assclown is trying to race up beside / get in front of me etc.. Traffic was so heavy it was worthless but I guess that made him even more mad? So I get over and start to exit and maniac flys up on my side in the median (the turn was exiting and had already started splitting) and throws a drink at the side of my car. lol

Good news is the thrown beverage just resulted in a few less sugar drops for Jethro. Car is unscathed.

Parking the car for the night maybe it's a full moon or something lol.
Itā€™s not just trucks, itā€™s other makes and models too, all the dickheads that you come across will do something similar like that, enjoy the car and protect yourself!

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
Country flag
Itā€™s not just trucks, itā€™s other makes and models too, all the dickheads that you come across will do something similar like that, enjoy the car and protect yourself!
This is weird. But I heard stories of people doing this. Are these cars jerk magnets for some reason? Whatā€™s provoking people to act like this?

Maybe because I only have like 800 miles on the car but Iā€™ve yet to run into a dick head. And Iā€™m up in Boston! They donā€™t call us Massholes for nothing!

Although this car does allow me to do really stupid things. I drive pretty low key like keeping the RPMs below 2500rpm but on the highway if I see a break in traffic this car allows me to hit warp speed pretty quickly.

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
Country flag
Cant.

Stop.

Driving.

Car.

I just snuck out at 10:20pm for a drive while wife was sleeping. This is abnormal behavior.

But it feels.................................so right.

What a fun car!
Congrats on the new car!!!

I know the feeling. I look for excuses to keep driving. Simply a joy to drive these cars!

I know the feeling as far as the wife goes. Itā€™s like cheating on her but not!!! Hahha!

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
:thumbsup: Ditto. Just drive and enjoy and keep it simple. Best practice for multi-car ownership.
At first I was obsessed about keeping the car pristine looking... then I had one accident, then two...

Suffice to say yes I care, but far less now. Dirt, rock chips, and weird bumper alignment issues I could care less about. The only thing I'm worried about are dents, of which there are none. It's a liberating feeling, that's for sure.

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Iā€™m there too with that feeling.

At first I wanted to keep it clean and then put it in the factory cover then cover that with a tarp before the first snow storm. Figured I would drive my Highlander and bring the CTR out in the spring.

Than my son came from college and needed the Highlander to drive...

Now I have a reason to get the car dirty and drive it and have fun!

Noize

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2017 GTI SE DSG
Country flag
Congrats. Were you on evolutionm.net at one point? I recognize the screen name.

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
Absolutely. I have 3700 miles and a few chips. I just touch them up as I go. I'll repaint the bumper when the car is 5+ years old.
Sorry for hijacking the thread but lots depends on when, where and how you drive. Colorado uses a decomposed granite mix for winter traction. This mix is really hard on car paint so all cars can benefit from ppf. I didnā€™t ppf my wifeā€™s MDX as she doesnā€™t drive much when the roads are the worst and we just are not that particular about her car (although it was more $ than the CTR). I dd the CTR, drive in any weather/road conditions, tend to follow other cars more closely and am more particular about my cars. Plus, I swap cars more often and the condition is certainly effected by having/not having ppf. So i have ppf on them.

OP
OP
NapalmEnema

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Congrats. Were you on evolutionm.net at one point? I recognize the screen name.
Yup that's me - I still try and help out there from time to time but place is pretty dead overall lol. Think this is the closest car that feels like a refined version of an EVO I've ever driven.

Noize

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2017 GTI SE DSG
Country flag
Yup that's me - I still try and help out there from time to time but place is pretty dead overall lol. Think this is the closest car that feels like a refined version of an EVO I've ever driven.
I think it is too.
Great to see you here, man.

OP
OP
NapalmEnema

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Break-in over - was able to give it the beans a bit. Fun car pulls well and hard :) Bit used to more power but also used to the turbo 'work for the win' driving feel. Enjoying it as it sits for now, don't feel like I need any mods 'immediately' but may be considering a bit more range in the stereo tops in the short term, if that.

Happy motoring all I'll let this thread die out lol. Just excited to own one of these special cars :)
Sponsored