OK this is my 2 only dislikes of our Si.

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Doesn't take much to fix the gripes with the Wheels, and the Chrome trim ;)

View attachment 161077

Honda Civic 10th gen OK this is my 2 only dislikes of our Si. IMG_20190626_204814
Sponsored

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

VooDuuChild

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si, Boosted Street and Track Monster 91 CRX Si.
Country flag
My gripes.
1-The stereo cannot currently be swapped out without a ton of hassle. This is actually a big deal to me as I'm an avid audiophile.
2-The stereo is of sub-par quality when it comes to sound. A subwoofer? Please. That poor excuse of a sub is a joke. I would have rather gotten a quality front stage then a half-a$$ed everything.
3-The mirror camera only being on one mirror is SUPER annoying and I hope there's a way to add a driver's side later.
4-While the wheels are gorgeous, they are fat, heavy pigs. I have STEEL wheels on my lifted JEEP that are actually near 4lbs lighter a piece!
5-THE PAINT IS THE WORST QUALITY EVER. I have a 91 Honda with zero rock chips in the paint...my hood is covered on my car that is only months old. That is UNACCEPTABLE and honestly, I think there should be a class action over the quality
Aside from that, the car is lovely

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
My gripes.

3-The mirror camera only being on one mirror is SUPER annoying and I hope there's a way to add a driver's side later.
I had similar feelings.... The thought I had was to get Mirror camera from a Right Hand Drive Civic (ie from the UK), and wire it in with a simple relay circuit to select the correct camera, according to which turn signal is used, Would require a little wiring from one front door to the other, but not that big a task.

So there is a workable solution -- question is, does the driver camera justify the effort & cost in adding it ?

VooDuuChild

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si, Boosted Street and Track Monster 91 CRX Si.
Country flag
So there is a workable solution -- question is, does the driver camera justify the effort & cost in adding it ?
Is it worth it? Probably depends on the skill of the person doing it, and/or their pocketbook. I'm just so annoyed. I hurt my neck a couple weeks ago and I can't turn my head, so it would be nice to check my blind with a camera.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Is it worth it? Probably depends on the skill of the person doing it, and/or their pocketbook. I'm just so annoyed. I hurt my neck a couple weeks ago and I can't turn my head, so it would be nice to check my blind with a camera.
Certainly if you can do it yourself, it will be far less costly than paying someone to do it.
Hopefully, there may be a source of used left side camera mirrors from car breakers in the UK.
Normally checking to the left is not too much of an issue when you are turning onto another road, if the roads are at 90 degrees to each other. We have a few local intersections where the angle is more like 45, so one has to look back at an angle of 90+45 to see any coming traffic. That in the Si is a necks strainer and you almost have to put your nose up against the side glass to see back enough !!

Maybe those aftermarket Wide Angle side mirrors that a forum member is promoting here, is a more cost effective solution .. certainly far easier to install !!!

OP
OP
Neps18Si

Neps18Si

First Name
P-Low
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan (sold), 2019 Civic Sport Hatch CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If having special OEM wheels for you is such a big deal to the point that you think Honda should give worse wheels to other trims just to make you feel better, why not just get the hfp package wheels.(I hope i interpreted your issue correctly) I have those wheels on my sport. IMO they look great if can handle the 19inch size.

Also, some advice, be careful with the sway bars, I talk to lots of si and type r autocrossers and canyon runners and I haven't heard good things at high speed cornering with large rear and front bars.

As far as chrome goes, I think it should be an option. You are 100% right about the look, but I dont like the idea of giving lower trims the parts you dont like just so you can feel more special. I dont think its tacky at all if lower trims have same wheels and parts, I mean it's the same car. People really don't notice as much as you probably think. And if they do, they probably dont think anything of it. You are the first person of like 10 si owners I've heard with this opinion. The si is just unique enough for its 2k-3k price increase, if you want to really distinguish yourself there is always the R.
Yea the HFP is nice. It is just a dislike that Honda went this route. I love the wheels and the design, but my opinion was to keep the Si just a little more exclusive like what Honda did in the past with the Si trim.

Only rear bar is getting switched. Should be a minimal difference. The front is big enough not worth changing.

Chrome shit is wack as f#%k. You can sit there and tell me to "get an R", but I am in no position to pay the premium for that car. I do love the car and would have not put myself in monthly payments for a car that has more negatives then positives. It is unique as I stated with the options of performance it has and more fun to drive then its lower trim siblings.
Don't twist my opinions homie as a big deal I was only stating my 2 dislikes of the car.

OP
OP
Neps18Si

Neps18Si

First Name
P-Low
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Doesn't take much to fix the gripes with the Wheels, and the Chrome trim ;)

View attachment 161077

IMG_20190626_204814.jpg
Nice choice of wheels. Did you wrap the moldings or get the kit that are cut for our vehicles. I know we have a vendor here that has advertised theirs and has a thread open. Plasti-dip i have seen how it looks and don't thnk i will ever go this route.
Car looks great and the graffit behind is dope. Been following that guy KWEST for years he is a beast.

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nice choice of wheels. Did you wrap the moldings or get the kit that are cut for our vehicles. I know we have a vendor here that has advertised theirs and has a thread open. Plasti-dip i have seen how it looks and don't thnk i will ever go this route.
Car looks great and the graffit behind is dope. Been following that guy KWEST for years he is a beast.
Thanks! Wrap is the way to go. Mine has been on since September 2017, and I'm happy with it.

Didn't know about KWEST, just read up on him however. Sometimes I just drive around exploring Toronto, and this was one of those graffiti pieces that served as a great backdrop :)

OP
OP
Neps18Si

Neps18Si

First Name
P-Low
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks! Wrap is the way to go. Mine has been on since September 2017, and I'm happy with it.

Didn't know about KWEST, just read up on him however. Sometimes I just drive around exploring Toronto, and this was one of those graffiti pieces that served as a great backdrop :)
Where did you get the wrap since it has lasted a long time. Our climate is different though i am south florida.
KWEST is on the right when you look into the picture. I been doing graffiti since 1993 and before the internet we had magazines lol. His work was featured in a few and his style has always been nice. Find more walls of his.

Oddwayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Si coupe & 99 ej6
Country flag
Here are my dislikes about the Si:

Have to use Infotainment system to control fan speed (2017 and 2018 models). I want old fashioned physical buttons for the HVAC!
Quality is not up to par when compared to Toyota (Fit and trim, rattles in the front pillars)
Seats in the Corolla and Camry more comfortable
Sometimes performance can be finicky, especially on cold damp days
AC can take a little longer to cool down the car as compared to my Toyotas, but this could be because my car is black, so I will only give this 1/2 a point

What I paid for this car, I can probably forgive most of the above. I don't have anything else to complain about, so I will move on
Toyota just have nicer ac components normally.

Oddwayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Si coupe & 99 ej6
Country flag
Lumbar adjustment would be nice. Different pedal spacing wouldn’t hurt. Being able to turn off the reverse camera would be sick for parking at night when you get blinded for trying to use your passenger side mirror. Besides that pretty dang good car

chandlervt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Subaru WRX
Country flag
Fabric on arm-rest and seat covers is terrible. Compare that with 9th gen civic and you see where Honda tried to save money. I think I have complained about it in the past too.

S2kx8

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Civic EX, 2001, 2005, 2008 S2000's, 2020 Si
Country flag
I really only have two gripes with my civic Si Coupe and they are minor, the first thing is ... I think the H emblems are too large especially on the rear. No non-metallic just pearl white paint options. I would prefer Grand Prix white or Taffeta White or Championship White. Never been much of a fan of metallics or pearls.
Sponsored

Last edited: