ok now im confused: arent the hatchbacks supposed to pop open (trunk area)?

barqcider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic HB EX-L
Country flag
I don't get it. I figured I don't have automatic trunk opener with the hatchback, but pushing the button should open it, and pop it open a bit or am I wrong?

I got EX-L navi hatchback
Sponsored

david91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Civic EX Sedan
I don't know but i'm guessing its probably helpful to not have it pop open in case something is leaning up against the back. Then it would just fall out. Lol. But I see your point as well. Who knows. Either way is fine with me.

Rican408

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EXT
I don't know but i'm guessing its probably helpful to not have it pop open in case something is leaning up against the back. Then it would just fall out. Lol. But I see your point as well. Who knows. Either way is fine with me.
Weird thing is. When I had a problem with my keyless entry the trunk would "pop" open, so I know it's mechanically possible....

OP
OP

barqcider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic HB EX-L
Country flag
So guys an update:

Honda knows of the issue of the hatchbacks not opening the trunk when you use the remote. As far as the other issues...they cant seem to replicate. I'm not sure if I'm mad or not, but then again its been 2 times ie had issues with those I had listed previously.

OP
OP

barqcider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic HB EX-L
Country flag
ok another update:

that trunk opener in our keys is pretty much useless. it simply "unlocks" the trunk and nothing more. Im still 50/50 on buying that.

zrwizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport,2016 CRV SE, 2014 Mustang, 2011 Mustang, 2010 Civic LX-
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My Crv is th same way just unlocks trunk

ulieq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Coupe 2019
Country flag
Same on CRV EX and below, honda getting embarrassingly cheap for the price.

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
Same on CRV EX and below, honda getting embarrassingly cheap for the price.
I dont see them being cheap. Well not completely.. The system in the new odessy is an example.. Hatch or minivan style trunks get damaged if you just let them pop.. So in the odessy you can have it pop per say or manual override were you can have it stop were you want it to stop..

You dont want to be that guy that has it pop then your pissed off cause it hit the car that parked to close or hit the shopping cart you put behind it..

It would take alot of extra sensors for honda to implement a safe poping hatch...