OK, I apologize. The Si's Infotainment System is really not that bad...

Jay_Tech

First Name
Jarrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Recently traded the si for a 19 dodge charger rt. Love the car but I'll say the honda infotainment is much better then the dodge imo.
Do you have the 8.4" Uconnect? Or the smaller 5" display? I used to work for Chrysler and their Uconnect system is my favorite infotainment system on the market. Fast and responsive. Easy to use layout. Nice big display. Their controls have buttons for everything or you can use the screen. But I do love the radio in my Si.
Sponsored

stingray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX-P Coupe, 2013 CR-V
Country flag
I agree, when I worked at Ford I was pretty familiar with Sync 1, 2, and 3... I don't like any of them, even for the time period they were used. When I got my Civic sport I was amazed that I got the HU I did with Android Auto, all for 19k. At ford you can buy the 60k F150 Limited and still have a worse infotainment system than our Civics (in my opinion)....
Yeah, but what is in the Si is still aggravating. LONG delays in starting up, sometimes. Sometimes won’t start up at all! Have to shut off ignition and restart, the it works. Of course, never malfunctions at the dealership! My ‘16 CRV has a much better one. Not counting the lack of a volume knob on the CRV

Bosstrout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda civic si
Country flag
Do you have the 8.4" Uconnect? Or the smaller 5" display? I used to work for Chrysler and their Uconnect system is my favorite infotainment system on the market. Fast and responsive. Easy to use layout. Nice big display. Their controls have buttons for everything or you can use the screen. But I do love the radio in my Si.
I have the 8.4. Its not a terrible setup by any means but I find the startup is longer. When I push the volume nob to stop music it takes like 2-3 seconds to actually stop playing. Little things like that I'm finding. But still not a bad system

waterudoing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI HFP, 3V Mustang, G37xS
Country flag
Agreed. All the on screen buttons are huge and easy to press, nothing is more than a couple clicks away, and it's extremely responsive. The Civic infotainment is the complete opposite. Buttons are small and close together, many clicks needed, and is as fast as 2009 Android.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just wanted to say - I love Savagegeese....and Throttle House, and Straight Pipes. Nothing on YT compares to these guys. It's practically all I watch.

Reactions: mjh

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Just wanted to say - I love Savagegeese....and Throttle House, and Straight Pipes. Nothing on YT compares to these guys. It's practically all I watch.
Savagegeese for the detailed breakdowns, and Throttlehouse, well for their comical take

mjh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2020 Sedan; Previously VW Jetta SEL 2016 (auto); Civic EX Sedan 2009 (manual); Civic EX Coupe 2002 (manual)
Country flag
I agree with you, but there's one aspect that is unsettling. It's clear that SG and the Straight Pipes guys are pretty tight. They appear and comment on either other's work regularly, and they even did a meet-up together. On one video SG did, he talked about how certain Youtubers have hit it big by flat-out ripping off the Straight Pipes style, format, even the fonts. Sure enough, if you go back and to when Throttle House started doing the two-man videos (i.e. Thomas and James together), it's a good year or two after Straight Pipes took off, and you just see how much they were copying Yuri and Jakub. The Throttle House skits are clever and I do enjoy their videos, but I've never been able to look at them quite the same after that.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I agree with you, but there's one aspect that is unsettling. It's clear that SG and the Straight Pipes guys are pretty tight. They appear and comment on either other's work regularly, and they even did a meet-up together. On one video SG did, he talked about how certain Youtubers have hit it big by flat-out ripping off the Straight Pipes style, format, even the fonts. Sure enough, if you go back and to when Throttle House started doing the two-man videos (i.e. Thomas and James together), it's a good year or two after Straight Pipes took off, and you just see how much they were copying Yuri and Jakub. The Throttle House skits are clever and I do enjoy their videos, but I've never been able to look at them quite the same after that.
I get what you're saying, and I appreciate the history of the channels. Regardless, the charm and wittiness of both Thomas and James make their channel worth watching, even if it may have started as a rip off back in the day. The entertainment value is undeniable.

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
I get what you're saying, and I appreciate the history of the channels. Regardless, the charm and wittiness of both Thomas and James make their channel worth watching, even if it may have started as a rip off back in the day. The entertainment value is undeniable.
These guys all know each other, so it's all good

stingray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX-P Coupe, 2013 CR-V
Country flag
Actually the only big issue I had with the Civic's Infotainment was the lack of HVAC physical fan controls. That was fixed in the 2019 models. The only other issue was sometimes my phone would not connect or disconnect from the infotainment, but that was only sometimes. It was generally very usable
Yeah, mine has problems with the phone, but rarely. My biggest irritation are the nanny screens when starting up. Takes a long time for them to go off and listen to the radio.
Sponsored