DoctorC

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring in Sonic Gray
Country flag
It happened to my buddy as well the first couple weeks he had his brand new 2016 sedan which came as a giant crack across the windshield. I remember him telling me about it the day it happened and me thinking "damn I hope I don't end up with a weak windshield when i get a new car" and here I am considering basically the same exact car as my next vehicle lol.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback EX
Country flag
I know that had to piss you off. I would of been livid.

If it was totally unexpected I would've flipped my shit, gone back to the dealership, etc, but I had read up on it before buying and steeled myself (and my insurance) for the possibility... I mean, yeah I was pissed it happened RIGHT AWAY.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

jcivics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
The replacement glass on the sport hatch was OEM pilkington and yes it does have the defect in the lower portion that distorts the view, but it was not as noticeable as the original, maybe they refined it a bit?

OP
OP
Rickmeister 48

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Some where on here, someone said to put wax on the windshield and it would fill in the pits and dings.

It Does NOT. Looks just as bad.

Last edited:

jcivics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
But what can you do in a freak spot that’s unaccounted for.

just like the automated car that got in an accident cus the driven vehicle did a maneuver not part of the algorithm

but as usual, I’m running ACC on three , people r angry, but it gives me time to write and contemplate the meaning of civic

PEPSIFLAME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What kind of undeveloped country are you driving in? I'm in an area with potholes, debris, and concrete/rock chips everywhere. Majority of drivers are in large trucks that spit it back on you. No problems, so far.

jcivics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It’s called New England ... try driving in Fitchburg or Leominster. Also, interstate 93 has been under construction 6 years now, lost 2 windshield to that. First one was random rock chip, last one was from Hyundai Elantra, I was like 100 feet back. So mad about that one. The first one on the new car I was doing 80 and the truck cut me off, tiny rock or ice melt chip hit with enough force to crack it.
Everytime I goto the glass shop they tell me how they’re making a fortune off the interstate construction. I believe it.
I drove a guy for Uber yesterday from the body shop, they nailed his 19’ Camry in the market basket parking lot. Also my buddy at the car wash, someone swiped his VW Passat at Hannafords.
People did stop fuckin with my car once I put in the camera. They were flipping the mirrors daily, so annoying. Hard wired to constant power fuse. But yeah, a lot of scumbags around here. If you look like you have money, better be careful. I’ll literally park at the end of the parking lot, camera facing out. People just can’t be trusted

you flat landers got it easy, glass is part of your coverage because it’s so rare to happen, words of the geico claims adjuster

PEPSIFLAME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sounds like Dallas. I-35 has been under construction (and gaining new potholes) for a good 15 years now. lol Still, I haven't ever had to get a windshield replaced.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
It’s called New England ... try driving in Fitchburg or Leominster. Also, interstate 93 has been under construction 6 years now, lost 2 windshield to that. First one was random rock chip, last one was from Hyundai Elantra, I was like 100 feet back. So mad about that one. The first one on the new car I was doing 80 and the truck cut me off, tiny rock or ice melt chip hit with enough force to crack it.
Everytime I goto the glass shop they tell me how they’re making a fortune off the interstate construction. I believe it.
I drove a guy for Uber yesterday from the body shop, they nailed his 19’ Camry in the market basket parking lot. Also my buddy at the car wash, someone swiped his VW Passat at Hannafords.
People did stop fuckin with my car once I put in the camera. They were flipping the mirrors daily, so annoying. Hard wired to constant power fuse. But yeah, a lot of scumbags around here. If you look like you have money, better be careful. I’ll literally park at the end of the parking lot, camera facing out. People just can’t be trusted

you flat landers got it easy, glass is part of your coverage because it’s so rare to happen, words of the geico claims adjuster
I'm a highlander, and my civic is a flatliner, no chips.

OP
OP
Rickmeister 48

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You know, it's gotten to a point on here where you can't tell when someone is trying to be a smartass and just discredit what anyone is saying, or if they are just saying,"I'm lucky enough for this not to have happened" , this is cause there are some ignorant jerks on here, but for any one trying to imply that this glass is not a problem, there are just too many people complaining about it and having issues, and they aren't just in this thread alone either.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So true, man. So true.
Sponsored