First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My second civic, first one being a lemon, and no problems with this one other than a deformed third brake light cover they are replacing, but I'm getting tired of what seems like everyday, new chips in the windshield.
Seriously, I've had it since September and there are more than six chips in it ready.
The last civic, I had for a year and a half and I had one slight one, not even really noticeable.
The glass on this one definitely is of different quality than on my first one.
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately, Honda cheaped out in a lot of areas. For example, I'm fanatical about detailing my car and everyday I see a new paint chip. Never had a car's paint chip like this down to the primer. These cars are mechanically excellent but damn there were a lot of corners cut otherwise.

OP
OP
Rickmeister 48

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Unfortunately, Honda cheaped out in a lot of areas. For example, I'm fanatical about detailing my car and everyday I see a new paint chip. Never had a car's paint chip like this down to the primer. These cars are mechanically excellent but damn there were a lot of corners cut otherwise.
Yea, the lunar silver is,way more "delicate" for lack of a better word than the black was and the touch up paint doesn't match at all for it, but the chips on the windshield drive me nuts cause they are right in my line of sight,lol

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My second civic, first one being a lemon, and no problems with this one other than a deformed third brake light cover they are replacing, but I'm getting tired of what seems like everyday, new chips in the windshield.
Seriously, I've had it since September and there are more than six chips in it ready.
The last civic, I had for a year and a half and I had one slight one, not even really noticeable.
The glass on this one definitely is of different quality than on my first one.
You guys driving through a war zone?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
No war zone. Same streets I've driven with many other cars I've owned. This Honda has the worst paint quality of any car I've owned... by far.

I literally find 2-3 new chips a week.

Hondaman_MI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic EX-T
Country flag
That's one thing I like about winter. It's usually overcast here, and black looks damn good. In the summer the sunlight shows every chip and paint imperfection, makes me cringe. The paint on the plastic bumpers are especially fragile.

OP
OP
Rickmeister 48

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You guys driving through a war zone?
Lol, the thing is, I'm disabled so I hardly drive it, surely not on a daily basis, so that's a lot of chips for what little time its actually been on.the road.

Dicecube

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Cheap out on parts = more profits for them

Plus they want you to trade up sooner

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
Strange. I certainly have no chips on the windshield and haven’t seen anything at all on the paint. Only some curb rash on the rims which I did myself by cutting corners.

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
Strange. I certainly have no chips on the windshield and haven’t seen anything at all on the paint. Only some curb rash on the rims which I did myself by cutting corners.
Off topic but did you paint your wheels or dip them?

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No war zone. Same streets I've driven with many other cars I've owned. This Honda has the worst paint quality of any car I've owned... by far.

I literally find 2-3 new chips a week.
This disappointed me bigly in year 1. In year 4, not so much. Tons of rock chips on the front end, and a few down the sides too. Haven't found any new ones for a few years though.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
Off topic but did you paint your wheels or dip them?
These are OEM wheels with nothing done to them except some Photoshop.

I’m planning to fix/mask somehow the scratches without spending too much time.

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My windshield also has numerous chips in it from very very light debris on the freeway. It's frustrating as hell at how fragile the glass is. As for the paint, don't get me started. Honda paint quality has been abysmal these last 20 years. :mad:

OP
OP
Rickmeister 48

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My windshield also has numerous chips in it from very very light debris on the freeway. It's frustrating as hell at how fragile the glass is. As for the paint, don't get me started. Honda paint quality has been abysmal these last 20 years. :mad:
What really ticks me off, I have a plan that covers windshield chips to repair them. The first week I had the car,an enormous rock hit me on 95, took it to get the repair,and they said "its only a surface chip,we can't fix 85ÂŁ and assured me it wouldn't spread or get worse. It hasn't, but now have a bunch of these and they are a pain to look at as they change the color of the glass where they are for one and just look terrible. I ALMOST wish one one crack it enough to have it replaced. :(
Sponsored