DoctorC

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring in Sonic Gray
Country flag
The paint on the civic can't be any worse than the paint on my 08 g35. The front end of that poor car only looks good now because someone side swiped me and luckily the front end needed to be repainted afterwards in order to blend it well.
Sponsored

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
There was no lawyer involved, and i don't work so I had plenty of time and didn't have to worry about lost wages or anything thankfully. Once the arbitrator saw the video evidence I provided, he promptly told Honda I was getting a brand new car, there was nothing Honda could do. It ended up costing them over 30,000 to buy it back, but that's what they get for their lying and trying to be shady. That's what made it a nightmare. Like you said, lemons are inevitable, it's the way they handled the issue that was my problem, and when you pay for a new car, you shouldn't have to be treated like that.
I’ve never heard a lemon story where the customer wasn’t treated like an idiot and the dealership denies everything.

Dealerships are instructed to act like every problem that occurs with a car coming in for service is something they’ve never seen before. Makes me cringe every time I talk to a service advisor at the dealership. It’s sad.

OP
OP
Rickmeister 48

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Tomorrow will officially be a year since I started this post. I gotta say the paint has held up much better than the glass. It's still really thin, I've been lucky and only have about two paint chips, but I'm up to about 15 chips and a long scratch in the windshield now. It's not even a daily driver for those thinking that isn't many chips, i didn't even have 10,000 miles on it after a year, lol

DoctorC

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring in Sonic Gray
Country flag
Tomorrow will officially be a year since I started this post. I gotta say the paint has held up much better than the glass. It's still really thin, I've been lucky and only have about two paint chips, but I'm up to about 15 chips and a long scratch in the windshield now. It's not even a daily driver for those thinking that isn't many chips, i didn't even have 10,000 miles on it after a year, lol
I certainly hope I have better luck with my car once I get it lol. I know even my mom's Pilot hasn't been immune to chips on her windshield so I suppose I'll just have to live with it. But thankfully my commute to work doesn't usually have too many rock kickers on the road so maybe I'll be a lucky duck :)

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
At 11+ kmiles I have zero chips on the windshield. I also have zero chips on the paint except one where something fell on the car from a shelf in my garage). Maybe I need to do more freeway driving behind trucks or get a stronger magnifying glass.

jcivics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Third one on 2nd gen x !!!!!! Rogue pebble on the interstate, ran the heater too soon this morning now have a foot long crack. Kind of worried because of the sensing device, if it will be a problem to replace correctly. So sad

Honda Civic 10th gen Ok, getting tired of this.... 6CDB2639-E59F-4876-874B-BC1B100C7DCA

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Third one on 2nd gen x !!!!!! Rogue pebble on the interstate, ran the heater too soon this morning now have a foot long crack. Kind of worried because of the sensing device, if it will be a problem to replace correctly. So sad

6CDB2639-E59F-4876-874B-BC1B100C7DCA.jpeg
Try to stay away from pickups with offset wheels and big mud tread tires sticking out of the fender wells. Also dump trucks, roll-off straight trucks, trucks carrying rental equipment. A lot of those industrial trucks go to places that have gravel lots and gravel gets caught on flat surfaces. Then they hit a bump on the road and shit goes flyin. You cant avoid them completely, but you can keep your distance or pass them quickly to reduce the risk of getting hit by a chunk of gravel.

jcivics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Try to stay away from pickups with offset wheels and big mud tread tires sticking out of the fender wells. Also dump trucks, roll-off straight trucks, trucks carrying rental equipment. A lot of those industrial trucks go to places that have gravel lots and gravel gets caught on flat surfaces. Then they hit a bump on the road and shit goes flyin. You cant avoid them completely, but you can keep your distance or pass them quickly to reduce the risk of getting hit by a chunk of gravel.
Yeah I was using ACC when the guy decided to take advantage of the gap, then I heard tink. My last 2016 civic with 110k miles, the windshield was a horror show

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Of course we try to keep our distance and speed past the trucks but sometimes situations are unavoidable. I live near a major rock quarry. Trucks carrying stones make up about 25% of vehicles on the highway I have to travel. I'm just saying that this car's paint and windshield dings and chips easier than any other car I've owned, driving the same road and same conditions.

jcivics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I agree. I use the ACC on 4 car lengths to be safe. People get angry but idgaf! You’re in such a hurry, get in the fast lane. Oh wait you can’t, cause u drive a 1990 trail blazer or 2018 corolla lol bwhahahha

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah I was using ACC when the guy decided to take advantage of the gap, then I heard tink. My last 2016 civic with 110k miles, the windshield was a horror show
Damn, you put some miles on that 2016. I was putting 30k a year on my LX and taking it across the country on trips a couple times a year. 90 miles a day commuting to work. The gas milage was amazing. Still is in the Si. 4000 mile trip to the grand canyon and Phoenix, AZ then back to Indiana for 250$? Insane

I replaced the windshield once in 61k miles. Was very happy i didnt have to pay 850$ for a honda sensing calibration.

jcivics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Damn, you put some miles on that 2016. I was putting 30k a year on my LX and taking it across the country on trips a couple times a year. The gas milage was amazing. Still is in the Si. 4000 mile trip to the grand canyon and Phoenix, AZ then back to Indiana for 250$? Insane
The sport engine is like 30ci bigger L15BA , my fuel economy sucks , I get like 30mpg, but I do have the base +6 Hondata on it. On the 16 I would get 40 or even 50 if it was babied. But yeah I drove a lot for work and it just adds up. This 19 is 4 months old and I’m at 15k! Just so much fun to drive, I get compliments all the time from my Uber and Lyft rides on how nice the car looks

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Of course we try to keep our distance and speed past the trucks but sometimes situations are unavoidable. I live near a major rock quarry. Trucks carrying stones make up about 25% of vehicles on the highway I have to travel. I'm just saying that this car's paint and windshield dings and chips easier than any other car I've owned, driving the same road and same conditions.
Living next to a quarry there’s not much you can do about that. You should get some special insurance for windshield replacements.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The sport engine is like 30ci bigger L15BA , my fuel economy sucks , I get like 30mpg, but I do have the base +6 Hondata on it. On the 16 I would get 40 or even 50 if it was babied. But yeah I drove a lot for work and it just adds up. This 19 is 4 months old and I’m at 15k! Just so much fun to drive, I get compliments all the time from my Uber and Lyft rides on how nice the car looks
I think on that 4000 mile trip i averaged 37-38 mpg.

jcivics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Living next to a quarry there’s not much you can do about that. You should get some special insurance for windshield replacements.
I’m so happy I stayed with comprehensive, because the car is new, they will replace OEM for $50. Last time it was $500!!
Sponsored