Ok gas prices are getting ridiculous....Regular in this car?

OP
OP
Byron Sexton

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
If you think it is so bad here look around the world and see what other countries deal with on gasoline and other living/costs issues. You may find it is pretty good here...still.
Truth....UK is having a hard time even getting gas at this moment. They pay hand over foot in gas prices. I hate to be that guy that says everyone else has it worse, but everyone else HAS it worse lol

Still does not negate the fact that Oil companies are really to blame in all of this. OPEC and OPEC+ are the modern day Mafia. When you think about electric cars , and Hydro Powered alternative vehicles I understand the Left's way of thinking. We need to not be so dependent on these Fuckers

OP
OP
Byron Sexton

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It makes perfect sense,

Even if you go through a tank of gas per week, with the increased gas prices, it probably only works out to be about $150 to $200 more per month

Anybody who owns a vehicle should have an extra $200 a month for maintenance and repairs,

What if you needed a brake job, or new tires? What if you fried your clutch? What if a wheel bearing went bad? What if you needed new control arm bushings?

Your telling me you wouldn't have money to replace/repair those items,

If you can't afford the maintenance and repairs, you can't afford the vehicle.

What do you do when you need maintenance if you can't afford gas?

How do you pay for oil changes? Tranny changes? Etc etc?

I get what you are saying you should always have some money set aside for unplanned experiences. You make a good point here.

unfortunately life is to unpredictable for any perfect scenario...Food, Kids, An illness anything can change.

Nobody can afford anything in this economy these days House, Car etc

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
paid 4.85 last night for premium. moving in the right direction. for now.

Mr. X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R #45600
Country flag
Was at Costco two days ago... 93 $3.89...

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I get what you are saying you should always have some money set aside for unplanned experiences. You make a good point here.

unfortunately life is to unpredictable for any perfect scenario...Food, Kids, An illness anything can change.

Nobody can afford anything in this economy these days House, Car etc
Tough times, we seem to play the blame game to hold someone responsible for inflation, no easy answer.

I feel sorry for people like those (military) I work with with big trucks they could afford w/few hundred/month to spare. Now their fuel bills based on proximity and commute (no longer teleworking) requires weekly $200 fill ups. That means luxuries cease, staycation vs vacation and that too in turn hurts the economy. Even those not hurting face reality of cutbacks. I’m not smart or wealthy, just comfy but the suck through wallets has only just begun, GBA!

Last edited:

Type_RawR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8 #14116 / 2008 FG2
Country flag
DO NOT use 87 in the K20C1 EVER unless it is an absolute emergency. There is a small performance shop down the street from my house that is doing a motor swap on another local FK8 because the kid that owns it bought it used and wasn't really an "enthusiast" thus he fed the car strictly 87 for about 3 months before he blew it up.

Gansan

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 NSX, 2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
DO NOT use 87 in the K20C1 EVER unless it is an absolute emergency. There is a small performance shop down the street from my house that is doing a motor swap on another local FK8 because the kid that owns it bought it used and wasn't really an "enthusiast" thus he fed the car strictly 87 for about 3 months before he blew it up.
That only sounds plausible if the car was aftermarket-tuned with the complete assumption of only premium in mind, and that sounds like a pretty unsafe tune. Like the tuner ran boost and timing right up to the edge of detonation at all times. A stock motor should be fine.

Type_RawR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That only sounds plausible if the car was aftermarket-tuned with the complete assumption of only premium in mind, and that sounds like a pretty unsafe tune. Like the tuner ran boost and timing right up to the edge of detonation at all times. A stock motor should be fine.
Yeah I don't know specific details about a tune if it even was tuned just that the kid was hooning (read roll racing) the car hard in our area on cruise nights and what not and he openly admitted to only putting 87 in it since he bought it. It's tuned for 91 minimum from the factory so I'm not actually surprised that you could ruin a motor running it hard on lower quality fuel.

OP
OP
Byron Sexton

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I realized...I know nothing of the K20C1 engine. I need to get more intimate with the car engines I own

Type_RawR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I realized...I know nothing of the K20C1 engine. I need to get more intimate with the car engines I own
Yeah bro you really should, I picked up a 2007 Si to drive and even though it's a daily beater with 106k on the clock I won't use anything but premium in it because it's a high compression motor. High compression motors NEED premium fuels because It burns slower so that it doesn't burn away too quickly (before that piston reaches top dead center), and it burns cooler so the combustion chamber doesn't get so hot that it starts igniting gas whenever it feels like it which sends sends off shockwaves which not only cause a much higher cylinder pressure but CAN damage engine internals. High compression motors need premium to avoid things like this. The motor will fail prematurely as a result of using lower octane fuels, but it's not guaranteed that it will happen in your ownership. It may happen later down the road, though, that's for sure.

SethNES

Banned
Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
What if you put low octane fuel in and then one of those octane boosters? I pump strictly 93 into my Si. I was just wondering. I don't really trust those fuel additives or cleaners.

RTC975

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP Type-R
Country flag
What if you put low octane fuel in and then one of those octane boosters? I pump strictly 93 into my Si. I was just wondering. I don't really trust those fuel additives or cleaners.
Octane boosters are straight up snake oil bs. One can MIGHT get you from 87 to 87.1 octane.

“If any product states like “they can add up to 7 octane points,” then it could be misleading. It means the advertiser is using a point system to grade the product. 10 points would be equal to 1 octane level. So it means 91 octane fuel can be boosted to 91.7 and not to 98.”

https://www.thegremlin.co.za/2017/06/09/using-octane-boost-instead-of-premium-fuel/

Last edited:

SethNES

Banned
Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Octane boosters are straight up snake oil bs. One can MIGHT get you from 87 to 87.1 octane.
So just need a thousand bottles and be near racing grade.
Sponsored