Ok gas prices are getting ridiculous....Regular in this car?

SmokeGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type r
Country flag
Everyone blames the guy they didnt vote for.

but dems are what I would call a ā€œtarget rich environmentā€.

but hey ol biden gonna release oil from the strategic reserve. which if used at full capacity at our current daily usage; It would last a little over a month.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Finally "IT" has finally been admitted! The people with the big money are calling the shots...
Screen Shot 2022-03-31 at 12.27.23 PM.png

"Investors in energy stocks have been a bit thrown off by the volatility, so they're looking more for energy firms to pay back down their debt, or return money to shareholders, rather than going and investing in new wells ā€” even if those new wells would be profitable," Ashworth said.

In other words, many companies are choosing to enjoy their high profits rather than increase the supply of oil. That's despite the relatively low oil price they would need to turn a profit. On a different Dallas Fed question, executives said oil prices between $23 and $38 a barrel, on average, would cover the cost of drilling new wells.

"Investors have demanded restraint and capital discipline of their client companies," one survey taker told the Dallas Fed.
Given the metric s**t ton of barrels Biden ordered released today, if prices don't decrease over the next few months, then I think we can basically throw the theory of S&D out the window. Prices failing to reduce in the face of massive supply without any change in demand is 'smoking gun' evidence for how markets are governed by greed, NOT by the S&D curve, like many economists argue. We'll see. Of course, the reason will be 'demand suddenly increased beyond expectations!'

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Given the metric s**t ton of barrels Biden ordered released today, if prices don't decrease over the next few months, then I think we can basically throw the theory of S&D out the window. Prices failing to reduce in the face of massive supply without any change in demand is 'smoking gun' evidence for how markets are governed by greed, NOT by the S&D curve, like many economists argue. We'll see. Of course, the reason will be 'demand suddenly increased beyond expectations!'
Honestly, I don't think it's going to make much of a dent in prices at the pump, maybe a few cents at the most. We consume like 20+ million barrels per day as it is. Didn't he release like 50 million last year? Didn't do squat. It's like how they insulted us bragging that last year's Fourth of July cost 16 cents less to celebrate. This is more political posturing than a meaningful relief. Because the government must have the "appearance of doing something".

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
It's a free market. If any of us were in the oil barons' positions, we'd do the same thing.
They're not making any new kinds of people. Greed, Envy, Hatred, just like always...would be nice to see sub 3.00 gas again though...those days may be gone forever even though the reason is not.

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
but hey ol biden gonna release oil from the strategic reserve. which if used at full capacity at our current daily usage; It would last a little over a month.
I feel like this is an argument for EVs or alternative fuels.

in any case, prices at the pump have started going down finally, even in Cali. You can thank China for the drop in demand and the increase in oil production and the release from SPR.

Spartan-033

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Sport (6MT)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I know I am late to the party here BUT I use apps like ā€œGetUpsideā€ to help give me money back. It doesnā€™t help upfront, but overtime it can help a tiny bit.

I also have T-Mobile and every Tuesday they give customers an extra$.5-.10 off per gallon. Ironically, on 2/22/22 (when prices were starting to get a bit crazy) they gave everyone $.22/gal off.

GetUpside just ended a program giving $.40/gal a few weeks ago.

GTWaggin'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sonic Gray Type R
Country flag
$5:69 today, but at 32.4 mpg, I'm glad I didn't buy the Chevy SS! (Lots of gentle highway miles, I'm probably not having enough fun with my R).

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
My sisters ZL1 gets 8mpg lol.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Over $6 in Phoenix for prem now. They've pointed out lately that there are still refineries and oil fields that are idled or shut down in the US so that doesn't help anything.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Don't know what to believe anymore. Is it the oil companies? Why haven't we seen $6 a gallon before? Is it the shitty government? It's full of dumbasses now, so who knows. As usual, we the voters get reamed.

MediaMaster

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 2024 Ford Maverick
Country flag
Don't know what to believe anymore. Is it the oil companies? Why haven't we seen $6 a gallon before? Is it the shitty government? It's full of dumbasses now, so who knows. As usual, we the voters get reamed.
Most of the dumb asses left with the prior administration and the head dumb ass. So we are left with oil company profits (sky high) or maybe the worlds political problems now.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Most of the dumb asses left with the prior administration and the head dumb ass.
Maybe true, but whoever is in there never makes anything better for you and me. Our government needs a restructuring because the current way of doing things sucks.

Vrait

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic SI
Country flag
If one cannot afford gas in their car because its dollar higher, they never could afford the car in the first place.

Hopefully prices will drop eventually.

RepyT

Almost Stock ā€˜19 R on 255/35-19ā€
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Theyā€™re purposely killing off fossil fuel cars by driving us broke.

Speaking of REDiculous, thereā€™s nothing regular in this car.

Octane on.

Honda Civic 10th gen Ok gas prices are getting ridiculous....Regular in this car? 4CE2B2E9-6298-4916-A5E5-42AE0E15D73B
Sponsored